+ Reply to Thread

I'm very frustrated with the calendar....

I've posted this before, but I still haven't resolved the issue.

For my business, I have plenty of weekly recurring events in my calendar. When they get canceled, it's really important that the calendar reflects this. So I'll change that one event to show that it has been canceled. This works fine.

My problem is when I end the recurrence. Say I have a 12-1 pm appointment on Fridays. The first Friday I have the appointment, the second I make a note that it was canceled, and the third I have it again. If the third turns out to be the last appointment, I end the recurrence. The problem is, when I end it, the second appointment is no longer canceled. It goes back to showing that I had the appointment. Any changes I made to that second appointment are completely erased. This makes doing my invoices for the previous month nearly impossible. Very very frustrating.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brian

does outlook on you computer have this same problem?
    if not you may have to make these changes on a PC and then transfer them to your phone....

Quote Originally Posted by bdoherty View Post

For my business, I have plenty of weekly recurring events in my calendar. When they get canceled, it's really important that the calendar reflects this. So I'll change that one event to show that it has been canceled. This works fine.

My problem is when I end the recurrence. Say I have a 12-1 pm appointment on Fridays. The first Friday I have the appointment, the second I make a note that it was canceled, and the third I have it again. If the third turns out to be the last appointment, I end the recurrence. The problem is, when I end it, the second appointment is no longer canceled. It goes back to showing that I had the appointment. Any changes I made to that second appointment are completely erased. This makes doing my invoices for the previous month nearly impossible. Very very frustrating.

Thanks,
    Brian
    I've had plenty of problems with the recurring "feature". It has created sync problems on new machines and has been less than reliable. What I do is delete the whole series if even one item changes. I do not ever use my calendar to look backwards but rather as reminders. There are many time management programs that are better for deriving info for billings all the way from taking Word notes and using them to create time and invoice spreadsheets which uses the included facilities of WM to rather expensive and IRS accepted proprietary programs. After 10 years playing with these things I don't fight them anymore.

Thanks for the replies......

I guess I'm going to give up on this issue. It just seems like such a simple thing. My palm t3 had no problem with it. I'll look into trying to do my billing with word.

Thanks again.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bdoherty View Post

Thanks,
    Brian
    This is occurs because when you change the series the series is recreated. Without that happening any changes to the series would not go across to all of the appointments in the series. This is the way Outlook has always done things (there is in fact a warning that it will happen when you change the appointment.)... although it would be nice if it remembered the exceptions.

This is what makes it so frustrating.......

Quote Originally Posted by djlactose View Post
    This is occurs because when you change the series the series is recreated. Without that happening any changes to the series would not go across to all of the appointments in the series. This is the way Outlook has always done things (there is in fact a warning that it will happen when you change the appointment.)... although it would be nice if it remembered the exceptions.

I see what you are saying, but why can't I just end the recurrence? It seems so simple. Just stop repeating the appointment, and leave any changes that I've made to it previously.

Thank you for your response.