+ Reply to Thread

GPS program that show distance travelled?

I was wondering if there are any programs that show a distance traveled based upon GPS location.

Basically, I am looking to go for structured walks that I walk a different amount each day. Also, I would like it for travelling a distance between 2 places and finding the shortest route.
    Last edited by abuttino; 08-03-2008 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
    I was wondering if there are any programs that show a distance traveled based upon GPS location.

Basically, I am looking to go for structured walks that I walk a different amount each day. Also, I would like it for travelling a distance between 2 places and finding the shortest route.
    That's a great question. I was going to give you a smart aleck answer of, "Go to your local sporting goods store and buy a pedometer for $20; that's what I did." However, then I remembered just how inaccurate my pedometer is. So I too am curious as to whether any GPS program records distance traveled.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Just downloaded VITO, Great stuff, has the odometer in the plug-in package.

thanks!