+ Reply to Thread

Can't send with Yahoo Mail+

Searched the forum, but no answers....can receive mail just fine with Yahoo Mail+, but cant send or reply to the mail....hmmmmmm...

I get the following..." The message could not be sent. Check thay you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.'

I have WM 6.1, and using wifi exclusively, not a data plan with Verizon. Again, receiving email is fine on my xxx@sbcglobal.net account, no sending...

Im also NOT using Outlook...

Thanks in advance..
    Last edited by dusterdoo; 08-04-2008 at 07:10 PM.
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Samsung SCH-i760

I have noticed terrible and intermittent issues with Yahoo mail. For instance, on Sundays, it has become quite consistent that my i760 mail client cannot log into Yahoo (SBC) mail for long periods of time. I allowed the i760 mail client to auto-config, which resulted in iMap, which is supposed to be better, but I have come to believe that SBC/Yahoo/ATT/Whoever is having trouble keeping their mail service in shape to handle peak volume times. For instance, we have discovered up to several hours delay sending between two SBC accounts...that should be the fastest, imo, but it's not. And the i760 mail client complains about inability to access SBC way too much (sometimes it's the message you describe, other times it's a password authentication message, other times all works fine...but for the delays).

I have recently shifted to gmail for what I was using SBC for...just did that yesterday so don't yet have a good history. But I did notice that they (gmail) posted instructions for configuring WM6 devices for gmail iMap...which requires bypassing the auto-config on the i760 and doing a full manual config (the auto-config will be POP). But, so far, it seems to be fine...haven't noticed any situations where the i760 client cannot get to gmail to send/receive.

One thought on your situation...if you are using the i760 mail client, did you allow it to auto-config Yahoo? Or did you manually config? If manual, you must use the proper ports for send and receive (and they are different, I think), which are no longer the defaults. I don't honestly know if the i760 mail client can be configured with different ports for outgoing and incoming...hence the auto-config for iMap.

I got it to work....

I tried changing the SMTP settings to...

smtp.mail.yahoo.com

and set to send non-HTML (txt only) messages and it worked.....
    Last edited by dusterdoo; 08-06-2008 at 01:47 AM.
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Samsung SCH-i760