+ Reply to Thread

Question Which version of S2U2 is the most current for i760?

I've been searching over at XDA and I must not be searching correctly or something.

I would like to play with the most current working version of S2U2 for the i760, but I don't know what version it is or where exactly to get it or how to install it.

Could someone please provide a link to some better info?

Thanks!

(3 August 200 S2U2 v1.14 (hotfix) - lock - xda-developers

it's on the development page right now. a search easily brought it up also.

Ok, I thought that was just the hotfix, not the whole shebang. When I did the searching, 5 different versions came up.

Thanks for the help.

I had 1.12 and I thought I was up to date It is hard to find THE project thread for that one. Too bad you can't filter your xda searches by time.

This is to install 1.13 and the 1.14 Hotfix which just involves replacing the iLock2.ext file.

Anyone tried the volume controls and such/used with S2P etc.?
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    Anyone tried the volume controls and such/used with S2P etc.?
    I have and I like it a lot!! No button remapping required. Everything installed as it should with the Hotfix. Volume control works on everything too, not just S2P

PJD

Lock Ups?

I have continued to update every time a new one is posted. I have been doing this because every once in a while my 760 locks up after a call. I have tried using only the "Slide to Answer" option, as well as the "S2A Answer Key" and the "S2A End Key." Sometimes when the calls ends, I get the "Slide to Answer" screen, or the "S2A Answer Key" and the "S2A End Key" screen. Then nothing happens. I can't slide or do anything and the whole device is locked up.

Anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pjdick View Post
    I have continued to update every time a new one is posted. I have been doing this because every once in a while my 760 locks up after a call. I have tried using only the "Slide to Answer" option, as well as the "S2A Answer Key" and the "S2A End Key." Sometimes when the calls ends, I get the "Slide to Answer" screen, or the "S2A Answer Key" and the "S2A End Key" screen. Then nothing happens. I can't slide or do anything and the whole device is locked up.

Anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

having the same problem
    im a lil noobish at this tho still

but evey time i leave my phone idle
    and screen fade to black
    my phone will lock completely and
    i have to do a soft reset to use phone

i like the whole slide to lock
    especially since i can have custom backgrounds
    switching every min while phone is locked

but anwyas help
    i wanna use feture on my phone like the revenge of the nerds type do

On the issue of finding the current versions of S2U2 or S2P, here's a trick...go to the first page of the thread and click A_C's name to find all his posts, then go to most recent. Most of the posts by other people are from people who dont read the FAQ and are worthless anyway. By the way, S2U2 was up to version 1.16 as of yesterday.
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein

ok. i know i must be missing something here. installed v1.16 but i dont get the benefit of the slide to unlock feature b/c i still have to use hit the button on top for the screen to come on before i can use the device. so its like having to do two things to be able to use my device. once my screens backlite turns off the only way for me wake it up is to use the power button. then it goes to the S2unlock feature. so is im only using the incoming call features of the software. is there a way to wake the device up w/o using the power button. if not it seems to be redundent.
    Treo 650 -> Samsung i730 -> Samsung i760 -> Samsung Omnia i910
    Hillsdale College- educating for liberty w/o any fed. funding.

Slide it open.

I can't tell you how many times the thing turned on it my pocket and made calls though. S2U2 is essential.

I love this thing except for one annoying thing. it pops up like every 10 seconds and closes the program I was just using. Does anyone know how to keep it from popping up so quickly?

Check your Settings - System - Backlight

Is is it set to go off after 10 secs (S2U2 is set to activate on the backlight shutting down) I would just increased this to 1min and problem solved.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Now I feel like an idiot. Works like a charm. My phone after a year is finally coming together. I love it! If I could only get my themes to change randomly, I'd be content.