+ Reply to Thread

Spurious automatic dialing

Well, I searched but couldn't find this problem. It began yesterday on the drive home and did it again today. Both times I had a wired earpiece plugged in.

All of a sudden my i760 started dialing a number. I pressed the end button to stop it and after several seconds it redialed the same number. The number happened to be the last number I called. Yesterday I think it dialed the last number that called my phone. I was freaking out. It continued to redial the same number until I reset the phone.

The only third-party software I run is:
    Pocket Breeze
    Google Maps
    Live Search
    SPB Mobile Shell (this one was acting up yesterday and I uninstalled it after yesterday's auto dialing experience)

Today the phone stopped this behavior after I unplugged the wired earpiece.
    Could the earpiece cause this auto dialing?

spu·ri·ous /ˈspyʊəriəs/ [spyoor-ee-uhs]
    –adjective
    1. not genuine, authentic, or true; not from the claimed, pretended, or proper source; counterfeit.
    2. Biology. (of two or more parts, plants, etc.) having a similar appearance but a different structure.
    3. of illegitimate birth; bastard.

Does it do it without the head set plugged in? Sounds like the call/end button may have a short in it... The i760 supports redial with a double tap of the answer/end button, that's what I'm thinking.
    Mark
    OH yeah... and strictly speaking spurious might not be the best adjective to choose here... but then again if I had a nickle for every time I've heard the term "quantum leap" misused I'd be rich... it's like finger nails on a chalk board to anyone with any knowledge of quantum mechanics...
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Thanks for the comments.

I haven't used the headset and since yesterday and the phone has behaved.