+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

want to post .cab files for my layout

Hey guys and gals,
    I finally have my 760 to the point where it is amazing. I am using the new ifonz skin, opera mini with jbed, icontacts with scrolling.
    I know everyone may have tried all this stuff in the past and I have too however the ifonz was buggy, really slow and now that has all changed. It starts automatically when your phone starts up. Very usable and fast and fully customizable. I would like to put up the .cab files that I am using so others can be shocked as I am. It really turns your phone into something much more usable and easier to naviagate.

I tried ifonz and got the same results as most, it was slow to the point of uselessness. I was able to customize it to my liking but in the end the phone needed multiple reboots a day to clear the memory out because the app never closed the app I was using when I hit the X. Sometimes I'd have 10 apps open at once so the phone would crawl.

Flame if you want but I am personally not all that interested in making my phone an iphone. I liked the idea of consolidated icons but I can do just as well customizing my today screen. If I really wanted an iphone, I'd just go buy one. I'm not sure I personally agree that it makes the phone more usable. Easier to navigate, absolutely. All icons on one screen.

You can attach files to your posts here. You may need to .zip it.

I also could not live with a Home/Today screen of just icons. I really like the SPB Pocket Plus solution which is a bar of icons which open up different pages of finger-friendly shortcuts and then they minimize back to the bar. So, any shortcut I want is just two taps away and it only takes up a small slice of the screen.

Could we see a screenshot of your setup. Perhaps that would change minds to give it a shot. (I think MyMobler is the way to do it - not sure of how else to do it)
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Here are some screenshots of ifonz. Icontact and the dialer skin.
    The ifonz definatly has improved to let you fully use everything fast. It is no longer slow anymore. XDA forums is where I got all of my .cab files from. I am on wm 6.1 however. TCMP works as well.
    Sorry Guys for some reason you can only have 1000kb size limit on uploads. I can always find a way around this if you are interested. I did however get the icontact plugin up and it works great..

Icontact= you can now add names directly, create a favorites list, send sms from the contact details as well as call, scroll without fear of clicking on someone accidentaly.

want to post .cab files for my layout-icontact.jpg

want to post .cab files for my layout-connected.jpg

want to post .cab files for my layout-ifonz.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by adrenaline0210; 08-07-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Ilium Screen Capture 1.1 is what I use to capture my i760 screen shots.

Free Pocket PC Software, Free Palm software, Free Smartphone Software - PDA Freeware - Free Downloads!

I just got mymobiler and that did the trick.

I tried the icontact and love it. Thanks! Only thing now to do is find the .cab file for making the rest of the phone look like an iphone.

insight send me a pm and give me ur regular email. I have gmail and can send the files directly to you. Be careful because it was kind of a trial and error to get everything working good. I now have all the .cab files needed for everything to make everything perfect. So get in touch with me and ill send u them.

Do you know you can make little video clips with MyMobiler as well... If you have something that looks good in action.. post a video of it! I setup my i760 with a bunch of iPhoneCloneware when I first got it.. its fun to hang around the AT&T store and let people see your ahem... phone.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Ya I went through and checked out the video clip portion however when I played it back it was just a black box playing. I was using vlc player to play it back so that might be the problem. Havnt really checked it out much more than that.

I too used the i-phone theme for a while but I've since moved on - I'm now using some custom skins for SPB mobile shell that I got from the XDA developers site and they are awesome - as you can see they look like the new HTC Diamond - but work really well on the i760. Those guys over there do some really great work.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by md727; 08-08-2008 at 09:08 AM.

+1 on the MS2.1 Diamoind skins, I love it. I could never go back to the way it was!!

Adrenaline: is that a dialer from XDA?? I want it, which one is it? Thanks
    EDIT: Is that MrIncredible's dialer?
    Last edited by stanglifemike; 08-08-2008 at 09:45 AM.

stanglifemike im not sure what dialer it is. They have been working on getting the dialer better. <the one I have still doesnt have the function to just redial the number last used. I have the .cab file if you want to send me a pm with your email address I can send it to you, or just search xda and you will find the latest revision.

I also have the Diamond skin. Greatbal's being the best, his version 2.1 with landscape is great.

[New Version 2.1 with landscape support] HTC Diamond Theme for SPB MS2.1 - xda-developers

I'll get the cab file from you, if you dont mind. I havent been able to locate the same one from XDA.

Update: got MrIncredibles dialer .cab to work and it is very nice!! I installed to the Storage card the first try(didnt work), installed to device and it's great. Here it is if anyone wants to try it out. Clicky my linky
    Last edited by stanglifemike; 08-10-2008 at 10:32 PM.

I dont mind at all. I just got my new... well refurb i760 fri night in the mail and had to upgrade to the 6.1 and reload everything and rework all the settings and luckily I save all my .cab files in a folder on my sd card with my .pim file and only took me about an hr. Just send me a pm with your regular email account and I will send over the files.

^^I believe that is MrIcredibles(or a form of it) that you have, so I'm already set...but thanks anyway.

Thank you for posting the iContact .cab. IT'S AWESOME! Two questions and probably dumb ones at that but what are the other .rar files and how do I set them up if I want to use them?

to tell you the truth I havn't played with them at all. The regular cab installed and did exactly what I wanted to so I just ran with it. Feel free to play around and see what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline0210 View Post
    Here are some screenshots of ifonz. Icontact and the dialer skin.
    The ifonz definatly has improved to let you fully use everything fast. It is no longer slow anymore. XDA forums is where I got all of my .cab files from. I am on wm 6.1 however. TCMP works as well.
    Sorry Guys for some reason you can only have 1000kb size limit on uploads. I can always find a way around this if you are interested. I did however get the icontact plugin up and it works great..

Icontact= you can now add names directly, create a favorites list, send sms from the contact details as well as call, scroll without fear of clicking on someone accidentaly.

Attachment 13104

Attachment 13105

Attachment 13107

Not to sound like an idiot but where is the cab file? Or do I have to rename a file back to .cab? I searched everyfolder after extracting and could not find it haha Thank you though!