+ Reply to Thread

Faster way to transfer music?

Basically, I have 6-7gbs of music to transfer to my storage card and it takes >10 minutes for about 90 mb because activesync is incredibly slow. I tried hooking my card up to my card reader, but when it goes to copy it says the card is locked and cannot write to it (but I can read it).

Advice?

thanks in advance

--post note--
    My card reader is shot, delete this thread plz
    Last edited by Dark Scythe37; 08-08-2008 at 03:31 PM.

I'm not sure why you can't write to the card while it's in the reader, but you are in luck.

I had a reader, but it failed on me. I'm constantly putting podcasts and videos on my i760 so luckily I found WM5torage

WM5torage once activated will mount your microSD card like any external flash drive. You can then simply drag files over. It's not full speed - I'd say it's about USB 1.1 speeds, but it has been a huge help. No more having to pull the tiny card out etc. etc.
    It has worked for me with no problems for some time, but please read up on it and use at your own risk. Great app.

A description can be found here: WM5torage - MoDaCo

You can d-load without having to register here: WM5torage v1.8 freeware for smartphone, Windows mobile phone free downloads. or WM5torage (Windowsmobile) - Download

* only thing is I transfer 1 file at a time - I'm not sure how it will handle many at once - regardless compared to Activesync it is screaming fast
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 08-08-2008 at 03:44 PM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Yeah I got it working but I used a different card reader. I bought an Internal card reader that hasn't worked right since I got it. I can only use it seemingly in the first five minutes of booting up, then it thinks there's a blank card in every slot.

yeah... i had the same problem as you where my memory card wouldn't let me write anything to it because it was locked. I was trying to use the memory card reader from my printer which found out doesn't let me write stuff to it... if you need a cheap fast memory card reader you can just get it from meritline or dealextreme. Its usually around 2-7 dollars free shipping =P