+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Voice Command?

Voice Command?

Has anyone been able to get call announcements on your bluetooth headset?

BT on i760 doesn't work that way. I miss how my Q worked with BT.

Yes just go into voice command highlight Phone and tap options. Make sure the last check box is checked. Then you should start getting the "Call from:..." dialouges. I haven't had this feature on since first getting the phone VC is pretty intensive for the phone and lags it horribily.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggmann View Post
    Yes just go into voice command highlight Phone and tap options. Make sure the last check box is checked. Then you should start getting the "Call from:..." dialouges. I haven't had this feature on since first getting the phone VC is pretty intensive for the phone and lags it horribily.
    Mine is checked and has always been checked. Voice has never come through BT earpiece. That is only for the phone to announce it, nothing to do with BT.

Voice Command use to work

After I upgraded to WM6.1 I could get contact information thru Bluetooth headset but it also came thru device speaker. This was MSVC 1.6.1xxx (I did not write done the complete version number), I upgraded to a version I purchased for my i730 (MSVC 1.6.4622.0) and can no longer get contact information thru my headset.

After 6.1, I started receiving audible voice notifications of appointments and Caller ID through my BT headset. I kind of like it!

Does it also announce from the phone? What I would want if paired with BT headset, would be for all sound (voice) to come through BY only, but can't even get it to come through BT. BT seems to always have been crappy on i760, maybe upgrade to 6.1 and see if better.

Hey guys! I just upgraded from the I730 and this was one of the features I was looking forward on the I760. I want the announcements to come in through bluetooth headset only. I have the check box under notifications for the bluetooth only but it still annouces through the speakers if im not on a call. While on a call it comes through the headset. Has anyone figured a solution to this. Thank you!

It's not going to work that way. You can download BT audio, but it's funky at best and constantly needs to be reset.

Note, I haven't upgraded to 6.1 yet, but I don't think it works any differently for this.