+ Reply to Thread

configuring 'message button'

this should be simple, but i cant figure it out...

How do i configure my 'message button' [the envelope button]. I don't use outlook and by default it goes to Outlook.

Is there a way it can directly go to my Yahoo Email account?

---
    I'm also trying to get phonealarm to do the same...when i press the onscreen email button it goes to outlook by default.

thanks

You'll need an app to configure your buttons (I think the envelope is Button 3 iirc). There is a free one that many people use (starts with "A" I believe I'm sure that's helpful) - I use SPB Pocket Plus which allows one to edit any key. Otherwise a registry hack would work.

From the FAQ above - Hard Buttons, or lack there of
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I don't think AEB would do the trick. Maybe some registry hack?

sorry to *bump* this. This must be annoying others on the forum...no solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by nycdoc22 View Post
    this should be simple, but i cant figure it out...

How do i configure my 'message button' [the envelope button]. I don't use outlook and by default it goes to Outlook.

Is there a way it can directly go to my Yahoo Email account?

---
    I'm also trying to get phonealarm to do the same...when i press the onscreen email button it goes to outlook by default.

thanks
    Are you going to a Yahoo account through a browser? or is it another pop account in your Messaging. I can't see how to pull up a particular account in the Messaging app off the top of my head but I know its possible. For the web based option you should be able to create a Shortcut to your webmail (Total Commander will let you edit shortcuts (.lnk files)). The file associations that are already built into windows mobile should launch a browser to your URL of choice. Then if you put the shortcut in the Menu areas (\Windows\Start Menu\Programs) you should be able to assign the shortcut to the email button with the default button assigning applet in the control panel. I'm guessing at this from the top of my head but I think it should work.

I just tried using the "run application" choice in AEButton Plus and if you select IE for the app, you can add the URL of your choice in the parameters field.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I'm on it....you can edit the registry to select which specific account you want. I remember actually doing this about 4 months ago, and I had found the answer on some obscure forum...lemme do some digging tonight and tomorrow and I will for sure get you an answer!!

Nate
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

alright...thanks for your help!

Question

Any luck pillagingjack?