+ Reply to Thread

White lines in display

My phone was just sitting on my desk at work and I just looked down to check my emial and there are white lines across the entire 1/4" of the top of the screen. I tried changing orientation, screen settings, soft reset... everything, still there. When doing a soft reset the lines are still there even when the MITS and Verizon logos flash by. This really sucks as the phone is only a month old (purchased on Ebay) Any suggestions other than $50.00 deductable from Verizon?

I would talk to Samsung and see if it is still covered under the original factory warranty. It might be tough being that it came from ebay but still worth a shot.I believe that the Verizon coverage is more like insurance and will cover you for anything short of water damage. As such it should be considered supplemental to the original manufacturers warranty.

If you decide to try this make sure to post the result for future reference.

I called Samsung Today and gave them my ESN, definately an issue with the display. They said my phone was still under warrenty and they would honor it even though I bought it used on Ebay. They sent me a UPS label via emial and I sent my phone off today. They said there should be no charge if the phone is in decent shape (mine is in near mint condition). They were very cooperative and did not give me a hassel whatsoever. I'll post when I get it back to let everyone know the outcome.

Angry Samsung would not warranty!!!

After waiting nearly 3 weeks for my phone to get examined for warranty, Samsung said they would be happy to fix my phone for $158.00 to fix the display. Unbelievable!!! They claim there was a crack that was causing the issue, but the thing was plugged into the charger at my desk and the screen started to flicker with white lines, and my phone is in mint condition and less than 2 months old. I told them to just send it back, I would go through Verizon insurance. I got it back from them today after they took it apart and put it back together, they scratched the sides and back and returned it in worse shape than I sent it in, now I cannot see anything in the display! This really sucks! Now I called Verizon and they said because I didn't buy "their" insurance that they will not cover me... after being a customer since 1987... this sucks...