+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

$29.99 data plan official launch 8/15

hey guys, just got this through my work site...tomorrow is the official launch of the $30 data pack for us and the 700wx....

Email & Web for Smartphone on i760 & 700wx
    effective: 8/15/2008
    Effective August, 15, 2008 Email & Web for Smartphone launches on the Samsung i760 and the Palm Treo 700wx.

On the morning of August 15, 2008, billing/POS systems will allow the addition of the $29.99 Email & Web for Smartphone feature or the $49.99 Email & Web for Smartphone data only plan for the Samsung i760 and Palm Treo 700wx. A link to download the Email & Web for Smartphone Mobile Email client will be available via VZStart: From the web browser's homepage, select Email, Email & Web for Smartphone.

Reminder - Any customers switching from the $44.99 unlimited feature (or any plan/feature that includes Wireless Sync) to the $29.99 E&W for Smartphone feature or $49.99 E&W for Smartphone Plan will no longer be able to use Wireless Sync but will be able to use the Email & Web for Smartphone Mobile Email client.

Setup on these devices is the same as other Windows Mobile devices. Continue to use the existing printed Email Setup Guide for Email & Web for Smartphone

So I hope this brightens some peoples days and feel free to pm me as I will gladly put anyone on this plan with out any hassles!! I will be awake at midnight (Central) so as to put this on my plan immediately, so pm me whenever!!
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

What is the difference between the $30 plan the the more expensive current plan? (besides the price) I have been waiting for the cheaper data plan but I want to make sure I am not losing anything.

Me too. Other than wireless ActiveStink - what will we lose? also; what is the Email & Web for Smartphone Mobile Email client?

Dedicated WINCE\PPC\WM FAN!
    In there, like swimwear... I'll PM ya at 12:00:05

Awesome, thanks for the heads up, This is my first month with the 25$ plan and its only been 5 days and I've used up 6 MB.

I sync directly to an Exchange server source for e-mail through Active Sync at work. I set the schedule to "As items arrive" which gives me push e-mail. I don't run the special Verizon Wireless Sync. Will the $29.99 program break that?

What info do you need in the PM to help us with getting this on our account? Thanks for offering!

I am still doing some digging as to what will be lost. It appears as though the only thing lost will be the wireless sync from verizon. It seems as though if you have exchange either from work or your own personal copy, then you can still use the $30 plan, but I am verifying that for sure. In order to change anything on the account, I will need your cell number, last 4 of the soc. on the account and if there is a password, that as well. Around 11:30 I will post my cellphone number in my signature box so if you would rather call me and not divulge the info over the net, that is fine. Just realize if you call, then you may get pushed to voicemail. If that happens, text me to let me know you left a voicemail and I will call you back. What I plan on doing for my account and recomend for most accounts is that when the plan is added, I will be back dating the changes for the entire billing cycle. Now, this may not work, because the code for our phones is new as of tomorrow, so I will do my best, but it may not be a back datable option. I will keep everyone updated here as I find out more info.

Nate
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

Pretty Good Member
    Thanks, Nate. I'm going to wait and see what the differences are. Some are saying that the cheaper plan will only be for unlimited email and browsing with more strict enforcement of no tethering or no Slingbox style streaming.

Okay, here is the deal. There is one and only one difference between the $30 and the $45 plan. With the $30 plan you can do the "unl" browsing and email for personal use, however that plan COMPLETELY restricts the use of corporate servers/exchange servers. So, as long as you are not having email and data pushed with a server, then the $30 plan is essentially verizon finally giving up a little ground and making things easier on the little guy! Now, for everyone out there, if you don't understand what this means, then most likely you will qualify for the $30 plan. If you have any questions before the change hits, I am currently at work until 8 central time and will be more than happy to answer any questions. Email me at the email address in my sig. box!!

Nate

Thanks again for the update, and so if we call Verizon tomorrow morning will they be able to add us to it, or will they not be able to do it yet, or be familiar with it?

Pretty Good Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pillagingjack View Post
    Okay, here is the deal. There is one and only one difference between the $30 and the $45 plan. With the $30 plan you can do the "unl" browsing and email for personal use, however that plan COMPLETELY restricts the use of corporate servers/exchange servers. So, as long as you are not having email and data pushed with a server, then the $30 plan is essentially verizon finally giving up a little ground and making things easier on the little guy! Now, for everyone out there, if you don't understand what this means, then most likely you will qualify for the $30 plan. If you have any questions before the change hits, I am currently at work until 8 central time and will be more than happy to answer any questions. Email me at the email address in my sig. box!!
    Same as the $30 Blackberry plans then, right? So what's the difference between the current $45 plan and the new $50 plan? Or will the $45 plan no longer be available?

Rob, absolutely, the same plans as the blackberries. The only difference is coporate or non corporate.

Mazz...yeah, you can call tomorrow morning and they can add it to your account. Now, chances are you will probably get someone...a little less than familiar (nice way to put it) with the situation going on with 760 owners getting shafted and now being able to get the cheaper plan. If you would rather go through customer service, not a problem. My recommendation is that if you do get someone who is not to keen about actually helping out, then push through to data tech. they will know exactly what the deal is. Otherwise, like I said, I am more than willing and I will be posting my phone number tonight, then when I leave for work, I will be posting my store number in the sig box.

Nate

The $50 plan is for people who consistantly exceed the 5gb a month cap and are throttled back. There are actually a bunch of new plans out now and Verizon is getting ready to crack down on people who abuse the 5gb cap. But its really set in motion for corporations, for example I worked with a company last month who on one aircard consitantly hit 15+gb a month. Well, verizon now has taken action to give other options other than slowing you down. Good and bad feelings towards this on my end though...

Nate

I was on the phone with Verizon for an hour today and they said there is not and there will not be a plan for 29.99 tomorrow. It is not for I760. Only Blackberry

Look people, if you don't want the $30 plan, then thats cool, but don't light up my email inbox with flaming emails. My first post is copied and pasted directly from my work source as a verizon rep. I will keep track of those who are creating a lot of junk mail in my inbox and you all can fight with customer service. Plain and simple.

Nate

Rob, my apologies, I was dealing with a customer and responding to your message. If you are referring to the new $50 plan in the post I put up, then that is not what I explained a few posts ago. That is stating that for 49.99/month people can now use the 760 as data only, e.g. no voice plan. At that plan, minutes are charged at $.25/minute but you are given unlimited data.

Nate

Pretty Good Member
    No prob, thanks for the clare.

Alright guys, I got my cell number in my sig box and am heading out to grab some food. I will be awake all night. Don't pm me, because I cant directly respond from my email on my 760, so email me or text me or call me.

Nate

Nate

Nate I appreciate everything you are doing for us, and I don't mean to be offensive by asking about dealing with the Customer Service reps, just thought it might be easier than bothering you. I may deal with the cust rep first, and if they are a problem I will give you a call. Thanks alot, Dan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast