+ Reply to Thread

Alarm reminders when no alarm selected

I'm having an issue with WM 6.1 that I hope someone can help me with.

I keep getting an alarm reminder... but I have no active alarms set.

The reminder is for an alarm that I had set at one time (a 10:30 AM wake up alarm used approximately one week ago) but I have since deactivated it (or so I thought before being reminded every day after 10:30 AM).

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
    Last edited by msh441; 08-18-2008 at 01:25 AM.

No one can help?

I have the same problem. I hven't upgraded yet. I used to have an alarm set for 4:40p for work. I don't work then anymore and have changed the time on that particular alarm yet it still goes off at 4:40p

Quote Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
    I'm having an issue with WM 6.1 that I hope someone can help me with.

I keep getting an alarm reminder... but I have no active alarms set.

The reminder is for an alarm that I had set at one time (a 10:30 AM wake up alarm used approximately one week ago) but I have since deactivated it (or so I thought before being reminded every day after 10:30 AM).

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
    I occasionally experienced a problem like this. I couldn't get the alarm to shut off without a soft reset and the alarm then would sound the next day. I suspected it was being caused by a third party program but never was able to solve the problem without a hard reset. What third party programs are you running?
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

SPB Mobile Shell
    SPB Finance
    SPB GPRS Monitor
    SPB Backup
    Dinarsoft MemMaid
    Microsoft Livesearch
    Skyfire
    Zio Sim City 2000
    iGo Bluetooth Keyboard Driver

I ended up doing a hard reset and reinstalling my programs. Was given the suggestion later that MemMaid may have been able to remove the alarm by selecting "Remove Dangaling, Invalid or Duplicate Notifications". I don't know if that would have worked... but if it ever pops up again, I'll give it a shot and report back.

Frustrating... but since the hard reset, everything has actually been working better than ever. Soo...

Quote Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
    SPB Mobile Shell
    SPB Finance
    SPB GPRS Monitor
    SPB Backup
    Dinarsoft MemMaid
    Microsoft Livesearch
    Skyfire
    Zio Sim City 2000
    iGo Bluetooth Keyboard Driver

I ended up doing a hard reset and reinstalling my programs. Was given the suggestion later that MemMaid may have been able to remove the alarm by selecting "Remove Dangaling, Invalid or Duplicate Notifications". I don't know if that would have worked... but if it ever pops up again, I'll give it a shot and report back.

Frustrating... but since the hard reset, everything has actually been working better than ever. Soo...
    Of the programs you listed, I have regularly used Mobile Shell, Spb Backup, and MemMaid. I wonder whether the alarm problem could be caused by one of them. I had always suspected Spb Phone Suite but never did sufficient testing to rule it in or out. However, because that's not on your list, I wonder whehther it could be one fo the others.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Well I recently started having the same problem with the same phone. I've been looking al over for a fix. The only common app I have is MS livesearch.

I really don't want to do a hard reset on my phone it took me a while to customize it the way I want.