+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Email Sync?

Email Sync?

Ok i have a question about how to use email properly with the i760. I've used PDA phones for years, but have just now gotten an unlimited data plan, so I'm trying to be able to get my work email from my phone.

So my scenario is that I have a work laptop, which I guess is my primary email device with Outlook. My device active sync's and all is well.

However that obviously doesn't allow me to get email on the road. So I setup a POP3 account, and set both the i760 and Laptop to "Leave messages on the server". That works great too, but it "separate" from my outlook folders, so it doesnt sync with my Laptop. The result is that I never have all my "sent items" in once place.

Is there any way to get my Sent Items folder in sync somehow? Is that what Wireless Sync is for? (I hate using proprietary software if I dont have to!!)

-----------------------------------------------
    Also I then check my work email on my home outlook which is more complicated because I have personal POP3 accounts as well. But since I often reply to work emails from my home PC, I have an issue with those "Sent Items" as well.

How do I fix that? I cant even begin to imagine, since WM wont let you sync email on more than one PC.

easiest thing to do is use VZW's wirelesssync. It is honestly a great little application. Myself, I use wirelesssync for my work email which pulls my work email from my outlook and then do pop access for less important personal accounts. if you need help, shoot me a pm.
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

Check with your company to see if they'll allow you to access the exchange server directly on the phone. Windows Mobile can do this without a problem, but you'll need some data from the technical folks to get it up and running.

You should also double-check your company's security policies to make sure that they allow you to sync directly to your laptop. Some companies forbid this since it can allow confidential/proprietary data to end up on a device that is easily lost or stolen. Directly syncing with the exchange server gives them the ability to apply policies and perform remote wipes of the device (which actually can be good for you as well). Definitely double-check if third-party synchronization using software like Wireless Sync is allowed.

So I have an MSN.com email address that I believe is Pop3 but can never get it to update when I do a send/receive...anyone got any ideas (along the same lines as the original question) THANKS!

Here's the problem:

#1. We dont have an exchange server. (I am hoping to do this sometime this winter)

#2. Since my laptop is always WITH ME, I can't have some piece of software running on it to "send" the email to my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmann View Post
    So I have an MSN.com email address that I believe is Pop3 but can never get it to update when I do a send/receive...anyone got any ideas (along the same lines as the original question) THANKS!
    I don't think that MSN.com is POP3 , is it?
    Do you have mail server settings for your msn.com email account?

POP is not the way to do it if you want to sync several devices to one email account. If you are not using Exchange then any email that supports IMAP will work just fine.

Let me know if you need an email account.

Richard Amiss
    MightyBlue Hosting