+ Reply to Thread

continuous alarm

I have a question about the standard alarm in our phone. When I set it to go off, it only goes off once, then a minute later goes off again. My question is, is there a way to make it go off continuously? I am thinking of using it to replace my morning alarm clock, and the way I have it now would never get me up. So, is there an easy way to set it to go off continuously or if I use an mp3 longer than a minute, would that do it? Barring that, what software is out there that would do this? I'd like something free for something so simple, but if not thats cool too, I just want something that works well. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by vepas View Post
    I have a question about the standard alarm in our phone. When I set it to go off, it only goes off once, then a minute later goes off again. My question is, is there a way to make it go off continuously? I am thinking of using it to replace my morning alarm clock, and the way I have it now would never get me up. So, is there an easy way to set it to go off continuously or if I use an mp3 longer than a minute, would that do it? Barring that, what software is out there that would do this? I'd like something free for something so simple, but if not thats cool too, I just want something that works well. Thanks for your help.
    Sure - any wav file can do it - just put it in the windows directory. I have a reeeaaallly annoying one I'd be glad to send you

didn't work

Thanks for the help khoss. Unfortunately, that didn't work as I had anticipated. My first alarm went off for a minute like I expected, but a minute later (as if I slept through the first alarm) the reminder came up and played the reminder sound. I don't want to set the reminder tone to be the same as the alarm, it would be very annoying if my alarm tone went off for every reminder. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vepas View Post
    Thanks for the help khoss. Unfortunately, that didn't work as I had anticipated. My first alarm went off for a minute like I expected, but a minute later (as if I slept through the first alarm) the reminder came up and played the reminder sound. I don't want to set the reminder tone to be the same as the alarm, it would be very annoying if my alarm tone went off for every reminder. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
    OK I think I understand now - you are using the alarm function in Time as well as using an event in Calendar ? Yeah, you wouldn't want a really annoying event reminder - not possible to differentiate in the PPCs that I've owned out of the box. There are programs out there like PhoneAlarm that have mor flexibility. I had it but don't recall it as my 6700 bricked so badly and constantly that using it as an alarm was a mute point. Perhaps someone else knows of a reliable shareware app. Sorry not to be of more help.

didn't work

Thanks.