+ Reply to Thread

HTC Home Plugin 2.1 forcing my Sammy into Endless resets

For the second time (you think I would learn from the first)... ya right...
    I upgraded to WM 6.1 Thought I should try the HTC home plug in... And it is forcing the i760 into Endless loops of soft resets.... over and over and over ...
    The second time I installed Spb plus thinking they have what is called safe mode that will disable start up programs... No go...
    Now for the second time I might be forced to go into a hard reset..
    Anybody had something similar... any solutions.
    I noticed a lot of you use HTC home... so I am at a loss what is going on.
    The Perfect Device... Are you still searching for it.... Never needs updating... never needs charging..... never needs rebooting or resetting.... and it's never outdated.... still searching..... If you are...then you must not be using it....

UPDATE
    IT WORKED!
    In fact finally Spb did actually go into a safe mode; disabling all start up programs. >> Uninstalled HTC Home and Rebooted.... Good Lord.. It really saved my ass.
    Now my MOST important question. Can someone tell me what version is proved working of HTC Home on the i760 (Of course running the new WM 6.1).
    Thanks
    The Perfect Device... Are you still searching for it.... Never needs updating... never needs charging..... never needs rebooting or resetting.... and it's never outdated.... still searching..... If you are...then you must not be using it....

What I used to install HTC home plugin:

HTC.Home.v2.1.1005.722.Directory.And.Brightness.Fix.schen.cab
    HHCv10b5

Installed the two above, no problems. Then copy the dll file into your windows folder and overwrite the previous one. Haven't had any problems with the HTC home plugin, and I love it.
    HTCHome.dll

www.pocketemu.com is their site.

I was exploring on their site and they have updates. Not sure if they work with this phone or not. The files that I have work fine and I don't have any problems with them so I haven't had any need to update.

PM me your email address and I can send you the files if you like. The one file is too big for the boards.
    It is kind of fun to try the impossible.