+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW PHONE????

NEW PHONE????

I've been having some random problems outta my phone
    i-760... pda. it's just been glitchy and not doing what it's supposed to... freezing up a lot...

last month they replaced it with a brand new(refurb) and i'm still having the same random problems...

so i called them.. i was polite, and so were they.. asked if there was anyway to replace the phone with another of equal value instead of the same glitchy samsung....

they agreed.. no questions asked!!!!

my phone is valued at 500(well,489.99) so i'm gonna go check some out today... give them a call back and get a new phone!! woot!

any suggestions? remember.. it's VZW

i'm thinking of going back to a standard phone instead of a pda... the "computer aspect" of it is great.. but also problematic!!!! and i just don't use it to it's abilities like i thought i would...

i'm diggin the dare.. BUT don't like the touch screen texting.. not a huge fan of the voyager either...

but would like to get the best i possibly can... so lmk what ya'll think.

pretty sure i'm going with the dare.. read a lot of good reviews on it...

think about the glyde.... touch screen plus a keyboard.

don't like the looks of the glyde...

The glyde is EXTREMELLY problematic. I would say go with the dare. I just picked one of the up from my store the other day. the touch screen texting is weird at first, but the haptic response makes it easy. I would say that if you are looking for a regular phone, but want more data features, then the dare or the voyager (which, by the way, DID just get visual voicemail) but otherwise I would look into something like the 5800 if you still want a windows feel but maybe not as heavy as wm pro...if you have any questions, call my store..the number is in the signature box!!

Nate
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

My wife just got the Dare. She likes it a lot. Except - that it doesn't have many of the apps that the PPC can use. She's gonna try it awhile and see if she can live without MSOffice and some of the visualizations we can all use.

well, i found that i just didn't utilize the 760 to it's potential.. and i just got tired of having the problems... so once i got the new (refurb) i didn't install any extra apps!

but yeah, i'm getting the dare... gonna have to get used to the touch texting... but other than that.. the phone seems pretty cool..

i'm wondering what kind of plans/options will give me "full access" to all of it's features...

I upgraded to the Dare from my i730, not really an upgrade but you know what I mean. I used it for about a week and I liked it it was cool and everything work well. If you are looking for a basic phone with a few features the Dare is the way to go. The texting isn't that bad you will get used to it pretty quick. .

My issue was I was missing the PPC features, i.e. a not so crippled web, tethering, PDA phone book with many numbers, addresses and calendar appointments. I then traded it in for the i760. Just my two cents there.

The plan I think was $15 for internet (VZ access) then i picked up monthly VZ Nav too ($10). It was coming in just about $20 bucks cheaper then my plan is now or with my i730 and the unlimited data plan.
    Last edited by leonardshelby; 08-19-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leonardshelby View Post
    I upgraded to the Dare from my i730, not really an upgrade but you know what I mean. I used it for about a week and I liked it it was cool and everything work well. If you are looking for a basic phone with a few features the Dare is the way to go. The texting isn't that bad you will get used to it pretty quick. .

My issue was I was missing the PPC features, i.e. a not so crippled web, tethering, PDA phone book with many numbers, addresses and calendar appointments. I then traded it in for the i760. Just my two cents there.

The plan I think was $15 for internet (VZ access) then i picked up monthly VZ Nav too ($10). It was coming in just about $20 bucks cheaper then my plan is now or with my i730 and the unlimited data plan.
    yeah, i'm gonna see what they can do about the plans.. i think there has to be a way they can lower the price... if they can't.. i'm just gonna tell them that i'm gonna switch to at&t or somethin... cause i know a ton of people that are getting better deals with at&t...

Have you considered the SMT5800 Smartphone?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    Have you considered the SMT5800 Smartphone?
    Unfortunately, I would highly recommend NOT going to the 5800. The platform was way too shakey and I have seen a lot more problems with it than a windows phone should have.

Also, if you are looking to overhaul your plan, I would gladly take a look at it and see exactly where it is we can cut corners and what not. If you like, feel free to talk to anyone else I have done account maintenance for and I am sure they will let you know honestly if I am a trustworthy rep.

Nate
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

Nate is a GREAT VZW rep. He went out of his way to assist me with the new $30 Data plan. I am confident he can help anyone with just about anything concerning VZW.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokermedic View Post
    Nate is a GREAT VZW rep. He went out of his way to assist me with the new $30 Data plan. I am confident he can help anyone with just about anything concerning VZW.
    Seems like he bites off more than he can chew.

Still waiting on the answer to the double charging on tethering when you switch to the $29.99 data plan. Plus I hear the speeds are slower on the cheaper data plan as well.

Speeds are exactly the same. Furthermore, people following my emails and posts are informed as to why the delay. First, vzw updating their activations programming for agents and stores. Also, I have been away for 2 days due to having to go to doctors appointments for my soon-to-be little girl Furthermore, the $15 bbac is still available. I have to wait until the update is done before I can change any features, however I can call it in through my agent profile.

Mastication is fine at this point.
    Check yourself, buddy.

Nate

Nate

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Didn't know about you are pregnant. Hope all works out with that.

Sorry for impleying your doing anything other then helping us VZ customers. Just wanted to get an answer to my question (kinda an impatient person sry) and thanks to my last post, I got.

Somes I do play checkers but I prefer chess....lol

hahhaa..its all good, but to clarify, I am not the pregnant one!!! That would be one amazing feat!! haha I am a guy!!

Nate

Nate

nate i'm gonna send you a pm!!! thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pillagingjack View Post
    Unfortunately, I would highly recommend NOT going to the 5800. The platform was way too shakey and I have seen a lot more problems with it than a windows phone should have.

Also, if you are looking to overhaul your plan, I would gladly take a look at it and see exactly where it is we can cut corners and what not. If you like, feel free to talk to anyone else I have done account maintenance for and I am sure they will let you know honestly if I am a trustworthy rep.

Nate
    Actually Nate, my wife has the SMT5800 and it is rock solid. I love it.