+ Reply to Thread

No VZW here at home

Hello All,

I have been lurking here i nthe shadows for years now (previous phone Samsung 730), and finally have a question worthy of posing on this fine forum.

I am currently unemployed, but am persuing a position which I will be able to return to a home office environment. My signal with VZW is extremely poor and I have only one landline.

I was considering a cell phone booster to solve this. With my 760 would I need a "dual band" 800/1900 for this work properly? This is an expensive solution, about $300

My real question, Is there a software program or service which I can use to allow my 760 and my wireless router (or data cable) to provide VOIP, it could be much more cost effective. If someone could give me some advice on this,

my thanks in advance,

Well, that is what I have set up for my boss who even outside of his house was only getting about a 5% reception average (let alone inside) He lives on a farm in the middle of Illinois and when we put in the repeaters, he has no problems. I would also recommend, if you haven't yet, upgrade your phone to 6.1. I don't know if there is an actual radio upgrade, but it seemed to prioritize things better and I personally HAVE received better reception.

Nate
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

Yes, I have upgrqade to 6.1, but to no luck. Which repeater did you use for your bosses setup. Was it a two unt? or single.

Let me know

Off the top of my head, I can't remember. I will talk to him tomorrow and get the brand and everything from him and post it. He is in meetings all morning tomorrow, so I will have to post it in the afternoon.

Nate
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate