+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Clueless

OK, before I upgraded to 6.1, I swear I could just click-hold to get an option to send via bluetooth. I can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer via bluetooth to my laptop. I can send from the laptop to the phone no problem.

Please, someone show my I am a dufus...

You have to ensure the the phone bluetooth is not only on, but visible, and same with you computer, go to wireless manager then menu then bluetooth setting, then go to mode check the "make this device visible to other devices" make sure you do the same on your laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by jayizdaman View Post
    You have to ensure the the phone bluetooth is not only on, but visible, and same with you computer, go to wireless manager then menu then bluetooth setting, then go to mode check the "make this device visible to other devices" make sure you do the same on your laptop.
    The settings are correct. Like I said, I can send from my laptop to the phone, just not from the phone to the laptop. Am i wrong that I should be able to open file explorer, click-hold a file and have an option to send via bluetooth? I thought I remember that being the case prior to the upgrade to 6.1

Yes you should be able to do that. I have not upgraded to 6.1 so I have no idea why that does not pop up. Have you tried opening the device on your laptop and dragging and dropping from that window to your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by jayizdaman View Post
    Yes you should be able to do that. I have not upgraded to 6.1 so I have no idea why that does not pop up. Have you tried opening the device on your laptop and dragging and dropping from that window to your computer?
    I am able to browse to the phone via bluetooth places and copy files to and from the phone via bluetooth. It's weird, I just don't see an option to send via bluetooth from the phone.