+ Reply to Thread

Can't get i760 to connect to PC

OK, so here is the situation, I had vista and my i760 was working fine with it. So, I downgraded to XP, and now when I try to connect to my pc it won't be detected in Active Sync and won't install the drivers. In device manager it says Samsung i760 RNDIS with an exclamation mark, and if I uncheck the network functionality in USB to PC it says Samsung i760 USB Serial with an exclamation mark. I cannot get it to connect and I don't know what to do! Please help a guy out!

Anyone have any help?

Are you using a personal firewall? Have you opened the correct ports in it to permit AS to connect?

That's the most frequent issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAlbion View Post
    Are you using a personal firewall? Have you opened the correct ports in it to permit AS to connect?

That's the most frequent issue.
    Which ports do I have to open?

In case you haven't already done this, I would try: (a) remove i760 from your PC, (b) remove (uninstall) ActiveSync, (c) reboot, (d) re-install ActiveSync (be sure it's version 4.5), (e) reboot, and (f) try connecting the i760. Also, be try connecting the i760 directly to your PC, not through a USB hub.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    In case you haven't already done this, I would try: (a) remove i760 from your PC, (b) remove (uninstall) ActiveSync, (c) reboot, (d) re-install ActiveSync (be sure it's version 4.5), (e) reboot, and (f) try connecting the i760. Also, be try connecting the i760 directly to your PC, not through a USB hub.
    I actually did this before I saw this and it worked! Thanks for your help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by m_kranzler11 View Post
    I actually did this before I saw this and it worked! Thanks for your help guys.
    Excellent! Glad it worked for you.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)