+ Reply to Thread

My i760 Will Not Connect to EVDO

OK, so here is the short version of the story:

I updated the phone to Windows 6.1. After doing so moved my old pim.vol file back into the phone from my SD card. Well apparently this file was corrupted and would not work essentially screwing up the whole set-up. Therefore I did a hard reset of the device.

After doing this the phone had to be reauthenticated (saw this discussed in another thread). Well after all of that, now the phone will not connect to the Broadband connection at all. It keeps telling me that the username or password is wrong. I am using xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com, password: vzw, which I know is right. However, that connection keeps resetting to a blank password which tells me that somehow the password that is embedded in the ROM is blank (I could be way off) and that is what is automatically putting a blank password into the connection.

Anyway, Verizon has yet to be able to fix my problem and I was hoping someone here would have an answer for me on how to fix this problem. Thank you all in advance.

After I upgraded to 6.1 I started getting the logon message occasionally. When it comes up, I press the 'remember me' checkbox and hit connect, no password and using the username that is prepopulated in the box and it works fine. Try not using a password and see what happens.

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortuanately it still tells me that my username or password is wrong.

same is happening to me ... look at my earlier post. With me its worse because the phone refuses to make calls also. I would often have to call the number 3-7 times on average before I can connect.
    The Perfect Device... Are you still searching for it.... Never needs updating... never needs charging..... never needs rebooting or resetting.... and it's never outdated.... still searching..... If you are...then you must not be using it....

I'm no help, but my phone is doing the same thing. All my settings are correct, but it will not connect.

sam5271, the same thing happened to me, however, that was a problem that Verizon was able to fix. The phone just needed to be reauthenticated by them.

The password is always "vzw" unless they've changed things. But if you're having connection issues like this, it's probably best to call CS. It may be a provisioning issue that they need to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by uspatriotsf View Post
    sam5271, the same thing happened to me, however, that was a problem that Verizon was able to fix. The phone just needed to be reauthenticated by them.
    Actually VZ was useless. THey tried and failed. They just sent me another replacement phone. What a nightmare it is to do that.
    The Perfect Device... Are you still searching for it.... Never needs updating... never needs charging..... never needs rebooting or resetting.... and it's never outdated.... still searching..... If you are...then you must not be using it....

Quote Originally Posted by sam5271 View Post
    Actually VZ was useless. THey tried and failed. They just sent me another replacement phone. What a nightmare it is to do that.
    Be sure to let us know if you have problems with the replacement.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Angry Won't connect to EVDO since phone swap. Not password related

I had an I760 running WM 6.0. I tried to update the phone and got stuck on the error message that the phone had already been updated when only the boot had been updated.

My local verizon store was great and they gave me a new phone Sunday August 17th. They let me take the new phone home and it updated without issue to WM 6.1. At 1:47pm we took the old phone out of service and put the new 6.1 phone into service. From the moment the new phone got into service I have been unable to connect to the EVDO network. I am on 1X all the time.

I have had an open trouble ticket with Verizon since August 18th and they can't tell me what the problem is other than "poor reception" Other people in the verizon stores get EVDO and my son has a 760 and his phone gets EVDO.

Here is what we have tried:
    1. We tried a new, out of the box replacement phone. Same problem
    2. We tried my old I730. Same problem. 1X service only
    3. Hard reset the phone multiple times and ran *228
    4. Had data tech support take me off the network and put me back on.
    5. Went to the store today and pretended I was a new customer and got a 760 out of the box and it STILL only got 1X service.
    6. The sample 760 in the store only says 1X service

I am told by the store it is possible the newly provisioned 760's are not compatible with Verizons new EVDO REV A network. I don't know what that means. They say the 760 is REV 0. They say its possible because of the following
    1. My 760 worked fine until it was swapped out 8/17
    2. My sons 760 gets evdo but his works because he activated the phone earlier and is grandfathered into the newer network
    3. The new account that was created today still only gets 1X coverage
    4. The salesman at verizon said there is a post at howardforums.com with the same problem as mine. It was unresolved. I don't have an account there so I can't give you a link, sorry.

I'm not sure I buy that because:
    1. After 8 days nobody at Verizon tech support is telling me the 760's can't get EVDO.
    2. The box the new Samsung 760 came in shows a 760 getting EVDO
    3. With all the 760's getting bricked upgrading to WM 6.1 and getting swapped out, I would have thought I would have seen something here this is a problem and I'm not seeing it.

Any suggestions what is going on and how to fix it would be most appreciated