+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gps software

gps software

Hey guys and gals,
    Just purchased a globastat G33 reciever. Wondering whats the best software to use with this for road trips. I really don't want to be spending 100$ for software.
    Will google maps or Live maps give me turn by turn directions?

Also I will be using it this winter when I am snowmobiling to mark a point "camp" be able to venture off and find my return home.

Live gives turn by turn, even beeps at you when you should be turning. I didn't see it on googlemaps. I just bought the freedom 2000 and live search did a pretty good job of matching the route i take home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by joshrys View Post
    Live gives turn by turn, even beeps at you when you should be turning. I didn't see it on googlemaps. I just bought the freedom 2000 and live search did a pretty good job of matching the route i take home from work.
    I have used a few different free mapping programs, and Live Search is my favorite. I have used Google Maps but I just didn't like the interface as much as I did on Live.

I've tried Google Maps, Live, and iGuidance. I'm a big fan of iGuidance. It's not cheap at about $100 but you can fit the entire US on one micro SD card 2GB. The interface is nice although sometimes a memory hog. If I have a bunch of apps running, the voice commands run like a turtle but if I do a soft reset and don't start anything it works prefectly. I could never get Live to follow me, I didn't play with it all that much yet. Google Maps only does so well as it gets location from the cell towers nearby. I watched it run me right off a bridge recently into the water.