+ Reply to Thread

Lost all data on storage card?!?!?!?

So i don't know what's going on.. but like 5 times today my phone gives me the message saying something about how the card was inserted did i want to read it blah blah blah... and it opens wmp...

i've seen this before.. so i just clicked no and closed wmp...

well, i go to look at the card, and IT'S EMPTY!!!! i had a ton of stuff on the card, from vids/pictures/songs just a ton of files... and things.. and now it's just all gone.. everything..

i haven't done a hard reset or anything else in weeks... and i know yesterday afternoon everything was still there...

... so i popped it in an old phone... and NOTHING... put it back in the 760.. went to settings/mem/storage card.. it says there are 57 mb in use on the card.. out of 1 gig...

so i hooked it up with active sync so i could view it on the computer... still nothing!?!?!?!

anyone know how this could happen when i've done no kind of formatting or resets or anything!!!!

any way to restore it???

Sometimes I've seen the phone totally lose contact with my SD card and put two entries in my File Manager...haven't seen it in a while, but I recall it showing Storage Card and Storage Card1 (or something like that). WMP would lose it's library and everything as well. What I recall doing was to shut the phone off, remove the card, start the phone, shut it off again, insert the card, and start the phone again...that sequence seemed to clear it up and everything returned to normal. Not sure if it'll help, but it's worth a shot.

i've basically done that.. i'll try again though...

thanks for the help!

I made sure that I make a back up every so often (I know the last thing you want to hear is people saying that you should backup, but everyone should backup).

SD cards do fail and can get screwed up quite easily. Hopefully it's not a physical error and just the table got messed up. Try this app - it's basically made for this (recovering SD files) - was originally for camera cards. I've heard good things (does full-sized HDs as well apparently) - free.

PhotoRec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

gl
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

thanks i will try that!!!

and yeah, i def should've been backing up... i do tech suppt for a software company and i'm always griping at people for not doing back ups...

just never really thought about it on the phone ya know? lol..

thanks though!!!

i am not understanding how to get photorec to work.....

i fail...