Closed Thread

Replacement Phone... came with WM6.0

I got a replacement phone from VZW. As the title says, it came with WM 6.0.

I remember in the R&D Thread that someone made a kitchen, but Samsung locked the programmer so that it could only flash the phone once. Well, since the kitchen is made, and I have WM6.0, I'm more than willing to wait for instructions to test the kitchen and make sure everything works.

It turns out VZW doesn't officially support WM6.1, so any bricks sent to them will come back with WM6.0 for those of you who want to cook a ROM.

Now, if we can only get that posted, I'd do it and report back.

that is not exactly true, vzw sent me a replacement phone and TOLD me to do the upgrade

That's funny, because thats what they told me.

the installer has verizon all over it, but who knows

the guy who shipped my new phone suggested i updated it BEFORE i activate it...

it doesnt surprise me, i had to call apple about my nano and then direct the support guy to the page talking about the overheat problem

when you get replacement phones of the i760 they have a ton of these already that still have wm6.0 thats why samsung released the upgrade installer. You may not ever get a phone with 6.1 pre-installed unless samsung makes these phones years to come and they have already gotten out all of the 6.0 versions.

I just recieved my replacement and it was a refurb and I was actually shocked because the thing looks and feels brand new and yes I had to do the upgrade.

This is not about doing the upgrade.

Please read this post, then my post. Before I upgrade to WM6.1, I'd like to know if using this guy's kitchen is a possibility.

SCH-i760 ROM R&D

Well, I wanted to test the kitchen, but I guess the i760 community isn't interested.

Redownloading the WM6.1 upgrade tool now, maybe some other time.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherBoo View Post
    Well, I wanted to test the kitchen, but I guess the i760 community isn't interested.

Redownloading the WM6.1 upgrade tool now, maybe some other time.
    This thread now seems moot so I'm going to close it. EtherBoo, if for some reason you think it should be re-opened, just send me a PM.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)