+ Reply to Thread

Thread: btmodem

btmodem

Ok, so I installed btmodem and it works to tether it to my tablet pc. But I have a few questions.

There are switches for the btmodem.exe like /q for quite so it doesn't popup the message everytime it reboot my phone, but I have no idea how to add a /q to the exe. Can someone explain that to me?

Also, has anyone gotten the "status" screen to work in WM6.1? On my old 730 in WM5 when you would connect it popped up a little window showing bytes sent and received, and now I don't get that. In fact, you have no indictaion you're connected at all.

Does anyone know if btmodem is taking full advantage of bluetooth 2.0? Is bluetooth 1.1 going to be a bottle neck for speed or is it going to be the EVDO connection?

Is anyone still activitly developing this app?? It seems to be a pretty sweet little program that doesn't get mentioned too much anymore with wifrouter and all... but I like bluetooth more because it seems to not kill my battery like wifi does.

Thanks,

Anyone?? Please??

Someone still uses BTmodem.exe for tethering with this phone right??

I use it. I have never used wifirouter. I tried PDAnet but I prefer btmodem. I'm sticking with it.

I used to use btmodem with the i730. It was great, if a bit fussy.

But now WFModem with ICS blows doors on it, so I no longer use it.

David