Closed Thread

Bluetooth keyboard for the Samsung i760?

I need a larger external keyboard to use with my Samsung i760. I bought the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and it did pair with the device, but typing in Mobile Word produces no results.

I called Samsung and their Level 2 Support told me that although the device paired, it won't work without some software specifically written for it. They also said at this time there is no external keyboard available for the device.

Does anyone know of a Bluetooth keyboard that will work with the i760, or is there software that will allow me to use the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard? It is a really great, small keyboard and would be ideal for my use. Seems a shame the two can't work together when the device recognizes and pairs with it.

Thanks for the help!

Search Amazon.com for the iGo bluetooth keyboard. It pairs and works great... folds up small... and has a quality feel to it. If you look around you can find it for about $45, too.

I saw that keyboard, but the site didn't have it compatible with the Samsung device. I tried both Apple and Palm's bluetooth keyboards and since they didn't work, I wasn't sure about the iGo.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try.

Well... I can confirm for you that it works OK for me. I give it a thumbs up.

My one and only complaint could be that if you're heavy fingered while typing, the keyboad could use a little support near the outer edges. I'm not, so no big issue foe me.
    Last edited by msh441; 08-23-2008 at 01:57 AM.

It works. Use the i730 drivers.

We've already got a couple of threads on Bluetooth keyboards that work with the i760, including this one and this other one. Therefore, I'm going to close this thread and ask that discussion continue in one of the other two threads. I'm also going to add information about BT keyboards to the FAQs.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)