+ Reply to Thread

Question TCPMP with the FlashVideoBundle for WM6.1?

Have there been any developments in YouTube via TCPMP and the SkunkWorks FlashVideoBundle on WM6.1? I have tested TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03.CAB and the FlashVideoBundle on a hard reset device. The results are as follows:
    YouTube opens
    When a video is selected/taped the “Play/Save/etc.” prompt appears
    Clicking on play will bring up TCPMP
    The video appears to load
    HOWEVER, the player closes immediately.
    Additionally, the Windows Media Mobile YouTube functionality is lost upon installation of the FlashVideoBundle.
    Using the alternative method of TCPMP-0.82 does not work. The method described in the instructions does not result in a successful installation, copying the shortcut as described in the instructions yields an error, and installing from the .cab creates an icon that does not launch the player.

My question: Is there a functional version of TCPMP with the FlashVideoBundle for WM6.1?

Same thing happened to me, I had installed the 2 things in the wrong order. Make sure you follow the installation steps exactly how they're suppose to go
    Last edited by zerog6; 08-25-2008 at 11:31 PM.

I am having issues with the TCPMP 0.81RC1Beta Install. Following the instructions, I cannot get past step 5. When I lunch the shortcut I pasted in step 4, I get the following error message “Unexpected program failure. Please send ‘crash.txt’ to the developers. Program will now exit.’”
    What am I missing?

This is a common question since the upgrade -

If you wanted to try it I'd install it from one of these two sources from XDA which has all the plugins and codecs you'll need included.
    People have reported success using both.

UPDATE - TCPMP for WM6.1 Sleuth & other 3.02 & 3.03 Versions 02/13/08 - xda-developers

TCPMP new VS2008 builds for WM6.1 with FLV built in - xda-developers

I think I suggested these (or other info) be added to that FAQ so when the next wave of people drop by maybe they could find the answer easily.

* Also, FYI - discussion about these solutions can be found in the stickied topics above withe 6.1 in the title.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Just wanted to update: TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03 works with the FlashVideoBundle ONLY if installed onto the device. I don’t know if this is common knowledge but I was installing this to the storage card, resulting in video opening and immediately closing. This used to work on the storage card for WM6.