+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MAPI Mail

MAPI Mail

My school recently changed from hosting their own POP3 mail to using Windows Live for an email provider, which means we basically have hotmail for our mail (bleh).

So, when I first got my phone, it was no problem for me to set up Pocket Outlook to connect to the POP3 server and get my mail, however now, it's not so easy.

For standard Outlook, I had to download something called Outlook Connector, which automatically configured a MAPI account in my account settings.

I figured this wouldn't be too hard to configure in Pocket Outlook, however, MAPI is not an option when configuring mail types.

So this brings me to my questions.
    1) Is there any way to configure Pocket Outlook to download mail from Windows Live Accounts?
    2) Are there any addons, extensions, or programs that will integrate this functionality into Pocket Outlook?
    3) If neither of the above are doable, then what programs can do this, and are free and good?

first and last bump.

There's a Windows Live Today plug-in that may pull your mail down for you. I don't know of another way to get web-based mail other than using PIE or another browser you've installed.

Damn, I was really hoping to get integration into Outlook, but other than that, .

I was able to get the POP settings so MAPI is not needed. It was especially nice considering Outlook Connector has crashed on me twice in the 3 days ive been using it.