+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gmail IMAP

Gmail IMAP

Been using the IMAP of gmail since it came out, but I am tired of after reading the email on my phone and deleting it there. It is still on my gmail account. Can you set up to have the phone delete the message on gmail when you delete it on the phone?

Thanks
    Ron

Not without a bit of work, nope. But the deletion on the phone does assign a category to the item using IMAP. You can dig up the category ("Deleted Items") and use it in a rule within your mail client to nuke it.

If things are set up properly, your message should be archived in GMail when you select "Delete" on the phone. If not, consult GMail's setup pages again and try to reconfigure.
    You lock it up..

Even setup properly, it never did this on my TyTN II. It just applied a category to the mail I'd deleted.

Bad Verizon, No Cookie!
    I never setup IMAP for gmail but works great for my normal email account from my ISP.
    Touch Pro 2 - 6.1 Stock ROM - Verizon Wireless

Just set this up on my i760 and noticed that my messages are being moved into a 'Deleted Items' filter. Not bad indeed. I went through the Gmail setup page to get things rolling.

Jim