+ Reply to Thread

Samsung Omnia Goodies on i760

i tried it yesterday, it doesn't install correctly, just says install unsuccessful when trying to install the today plugins. /shrug

okay got them working now... read #1 again at XDA, install both extra cabs for qvga displays and the extra dll and widgets will work. they're pretty cool, i even uninstalled spb MS for now.

Cool I got them working as well.

I just can't get rid of the bottom bar, so a few things are cut off.

post a pic of ur today screen, it looks cool but seems like a lot of work to get working

Can you explain exactly what files you downloaded? Just to get the today plugin (don't care for the widget).

Thanks

Anyone tried the RSS/Podcast viewer? Does it work/any good?
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I'm very curious how the Omnia widget interface compares to SPB MS or UltimateLaunch? Any opinions on using widgets for the home screen? Are there widgets for showing upcoming calendar appointments? Missed calls, emails, etc? I currently use UltimateLaunch but I have spb time for the clock and alarm, spb phone suite for missed call, email - and calendar+ for appts. would be nice to have ONE app to show all this on a home screen.

yea what extra cabs, i downloaded everything on that page and it still didn't work

read the first post all the way through. you don't have to install opera though, if you don't want to - i didn't. anyway, then install the two extra cabs at the bottom - one will remove the bottom bar and the other will resize it correctly. then get the .dll from the zip file linked and pit it in /windows/ then softreset and click today settings, then click widgets. took me about 15 minutes since i did it all OTA and not from a computer.

i love them and don't use MS anymore. only downside is there isn't a widget for next apointment nor missed calls. sms/mms/email all come through fine though and you can tell your missed calls from the system bar.

I think the Widget thing is cool, but can't replace SPB or any good today plugins like HTC Home.

BUT, that Samsung Today 2 Today Theme that they include is the best. Although it doesn't look right in landscape, I am using it to replace SPB Mobile Shell.

for those still having trouble the dll file is under tricks and tips, put it in the /windows directory and it should work.... see how easy that was

HOLY !@%$ that cab is over 10 mb! The only thing I'm interested in is the today plugin, is ther eany way to seperate it out from the entire install? There's no way i want to waste all that space for just 1 plugin...

I was using the RSS reader yesterday. Its EXACTLY what I've been looking for in an RSS reader. Simple and organized! No silly "skins"!

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyG View Post
    I was using the RSS reader yesterday. Its EXACTLY what I've been looking for in an RSS reader. Simple and organized! No silly "skins"!
    Agreed, it is quite nice from what I can see so far HOWEVER I don't have an option to save podcasts to my SD card (only to "Device") this is problematic/impossible. Any way to fix this?

I've never really done PodCasts so i havent played with that one.

However, if you have a registry tool, I would do a search for the text of the current place that it saves the podcasts to.

Chances are you can edit it.

I found it's entry in the registry, but there was no such option. Shame, back to transferring them over the USB ...

You mean your registry reader cannot edit that value?

No the only registry entry for the app is:

Name: Instl Data: 1