+ Reply to Thread

Text message notifications turning off

I have WM 6.1 and not too long ago I noticed that randomly the checkboxes for text message notifications will turn themselves off.

This usually happens after a soft rest, but not all the time.

I don't think I have any third party apps plugging into notifications that would do this.

I have it set to play a sound, vibrate, and display on screen and when it happens all become unchecked.

Any ideas other than a hard reset?

Thanks, Josh
    Xbox Live PdaPhoneHome.com Leaderboard: Add your gamertag to the new community leaderboard!

Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine 2007 Annual Best of Software Awards Judge.

I have this same problem. It’s very frustrating. On my phone it also turns off the notifications so my alarms do not go off. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

ha, i don't have that going on... but my phone will change the ringtone for me to Ring-WindowsMobile for no reason at all... and when it does, it doesn't ring... it just vibrates. My phone is in loud mode too... it's weird. I might try re-installing 6.1.

I'm having this issue as well.

Can't seem to trend it against activities like soft resets, etc.

Under Notifications, the "Play Sound", "Flash light for", and "Vibrate" checkboxes become unchecked on their own....on average once every 1-3 days randomly.

Certain builds of opera mobile 9.5 have been known to do this. Do any of you guys have opera 9.5 installed?