+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WeFi Question

WeFi Question

After installing WeFi I am prompted to remove current network keys for the program to continue. If I do this, I lose the connection to my home network whcih has security enabled.

It is unclear to me how to have WeFi coexist with a persistent security-enabled WiFi network. Am I missing something?

I believe you would have to reenter your security information into Wefi and it would be store there - you would no longer be able to connect to your home network without Wefi.
    I used Wefi for a while and it has some potentially great features, but I've since given up on it and use the built-in wireless manager (much improved in 6.1)
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Thanks for the info. It is probably not worth my effort as I couldn't find a way for WeFi to hold onto my network key. Wireless Manager doesn't seem to do anything but turn WiFi on/off. The WiFi settings area doesn't really seem any different form my old iPaq running WM5. Is there some functionality I am missing with Wireless Manager?

I have a shortcut to the "Configure Wireless Networks" page.

Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi

All the networks I connect to most often with security enabled I have in a list which I can select and then hit "Connect"

Otherwise choosing "Search for Networks" works like WeFi or WifiFoFum or any other WiFi detection app. Once you find a WAP you want you choose "Connect" and you can enter in WEP or WAP options (if necessary) which it will save for later use. It satisfies my need and I am constantly seeking out WAPs when I'm out and about.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur