+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb how to flash an i760 to cricket

hello, does has anyone successfully full flashed this phone to cricket yet?

i've heard some have done it, but they didn't get the internet working on it...

can i get some help please?

I am completely in the dark here. I searched and found some information, but could you explain what "cricket" is and why one would want to flash to it?

* I see it's a wireless provider - so in order to dump VZW I see - interesting.
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 03-20-2009 at 03:00 PM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

cricket is like the best network to have your cell phone on right now.

they are like the only network that are not overpriced *****s, they charge you only $45/month for unlimited text, web, mms, picture msg, nationwide calling, everything

its a great deal but the idiots from cricket only sell crap phones, and they have no PDA style phones available yet, so people are getting them from verizon or sprint, and hacking them into cricket...

I pay that much for unlimited everything on Sprint. PLUS they have the fastest 3G network, PLUS they have kickass phones, PLUS they are available country wide.

sprint doesnt' have unlimited everything for less than $50, secondly EVDO is faster than 3g lol

Looking at their web page, it looks as though their coverage is spotty at best, regardless of pricing.

And since EVDO is a 3G technology, it'd be very difficult for it to be faster than itself.

Looking at their pricing plans, it looks like you pair a voice plan with a $40 internet plan, which doesn't make them particularly price advantaged over other carriers. Duplicating my AT&T plan on their pricing wouldn't save me more than $10, and I'd lose huge portions of the US and what looks like all international roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Kenshin-X View Post
    sprint doesnt' have unlimited everything for less than $50, secondly EVDO is faster than 3g lol
    Yea they do, like I said, I have it.

1. EVDO is 3G....how could it be faster?
    2. Sprint uses EVDO.

DOUBLE FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Yea they do, like I said, I have it.

1. EVDO is 3G....how could it be faster?
    2. Sprint uses EVDO.

DOUBLE FAIL

+1. Another victim of media/advertising gullibility.

Re crappy phones, maybe thats one of the reasons why cricket is so cheap, they don't subsidize half decent phones like the rest of the carriers, so you are stuck with trash. You get what you pay for.
    Last edited by lithoss; 03-24-2009 at 07:05 AM.

#1, only idioits get stuck with what they pay for, i can hack a pda phone into cricket, like thousands of others already have.

EVDO is a faster 3G technology than the 3G technology the non-CDMA companies are using, such as ATT, T-Mobile, and so on.

the way i know is because of bandwidth tests done on EVDO getting over 200KB/s, and also because of a simple fact that my friend has T-Mobile, and i have cricket, and he has 3G, i have EVDO, my phone surfs the internet 3x as fast as his...

so stfu.

also, where i live is houston, cricket has coverage all over houston, i don't really leave the city so that pretty much works for me.

Ok...but no one said anything about ATT, T-Mo, etc. Just Sprint, which you implied that Cricket had a better data technolgy than, when they use the same. Also, whcih company's network do you think bumped up the EVDO bandwidths test....that's right, Sprint.

Also who cares what you can a phone into, you still have to pay for the phone, do you not? Hacking in a phone just means you have to pay more for it because you don't get the contract discounts. So yea, you get what you paid for. You paid full price for a phone to work on your small slow network, while I saved $500 on my phone that works on my nation-wide fast network.

Hello folks... I have had Cricket for years, here in Denver. I love it no problems, as long as I stay in the metro. My son just got a Lg C970 w/ ATT. He pays $170 a month. The only real thing he gets that I don't, is tv. But i've seen freeware that says i can get it on my 6700 w/ Cricket $60. His Lg phone sure is fancy though!