+ Reply to Thread

Lost my SD content on 6.1

So I've searched and found a few threads addressing this issue. However, none of them had a solution to the problem that I could find.

So I'm posting for 2 reasons:

1. Does anyone know of a free or trial program that I can use to recover the files that I lost on my card?

2. Has anyone come up with a resolution to this problem.

I have to say this is freaking ridiculous. I can't find copies of the files on my computer from syncing (and I absolutely hate AS as well -what a waste - don't even get me started on how stupid MS is for not even developing a program that actually works between windows and windows mobile).

Grrr, I am so pissed right now I can't even describe it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!

Check to see if you have a Storage Card2

Did you check to see if you have a Storage Card (with no data on it) and a Storage Card2 (with your files on it)?

The extra Storage Card occasionally gets created in Main Memory when a program is trying to access the card and it is unavailable. This has happened to me a couple of times (maybe 3 times in 2 years in both WM6.0 and WM6.1) when using Live Search. It has also happened on soft resets when something tries to access the card before available.

If this is your problem, backup anything you have in the Main Memory Storage Card, delete "Storage Card" and soft reset.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

There is a product called GetDataBack made by RunTime. I used it one time to recover the contents of a SATA hard drive after a botched Norton Ghost backup incident. I was able to recover 100% of my files and that was after I reformatted the drive and reinstalled windows on it. I was amazingly impressed. The scan of the drive took about 10 hours but it DID work. Then again it was a 320GB drive, I imagine scanning a 4 or 8 GB card would not take too long. According to the manufacturers website it will work on compact flash cards. may be worth a shot.

GetDataBack - Data Recovery Software

Here you go - hopefully someone will help me w my camera

BacardiGuy - Samsung i760 (i730 RIP) - WM6.1, 16 GB Sandisk MicroSD, Motorola S9 A2DP headphones, Slingplayer, Phone Alarm, Tom Tom Navigator, PocketMusic, Stowaway keyboard and mouse, MemMaid, SPB Backup, Newsbreak, Coreplayer, SBSH Weather, Audible, Lotus Mobility Client, Lotus Traveler, Pocket Quicken, eWallet, Pocket Breeze, Pocket Informant, Voice Command

Thanks for the tips guys!

I'm having trouble with the dang adapter getting the microSD card to read in an SD slot! Once I figure this things out I'll try some of the suggestions above.

Again, much appreciated!

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!

i had this happen to me and also didn't have the 2nd "Storage Card" entry on my phone. I couldn't get the card to be read in the only microSD adapter i had because my card is a SDHC one. However, i used wm5storage to make the phone appear as a mass storage device when plugged in via the usb cable and then used testdisk to recover the files. Worked perfectly, except all the file names come out with a random string of letters and numbers so it was a little annoying going back through and renaming stuff.

i put my card into a XV6800 and then back into my i760 and all my files came back... glad i switched to a BB storm...