+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-10-2006
    Posts
    21

    How do you change the alarm ringtone?

    I want to use a different ringtone for the alarm but it doesnt give me the option to select anything but the standard tones. I went into the registry and hand typed the location and name of a wav file I want but it seems to ignore it. Is it becase they use WMA not wav? Is there a location you can put new tones in that will work for the alarm? If only wma files will work, how can I convert my wav file to a wma?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-02-2008
    Posts
    21
    If you put them in \Application Data\Sounds\ , that should allow you to pick those sounds in all alarms/ringtones/etc...

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-26-2009
    Posts
    6
    I don't know how to do that..
    where do I start?
    Some people never have anything but ideas. Go Do It!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-27-2008
    Posts
    104
    highlight your file, select copy. go to the directory above, select paste. go into your alarm sound dropdown and select your file.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-10-2006
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneecaps View Post
    If you put them in \Application Data\Sounds\ , that should allow you to pick those sounds in all alarms/ringtones/etc...
    I already tried that and it didnt work. Is it because they are wav files? the sample alarm2 and alarm5 are both wma. Could that be a restriciton?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-26-2009
    Posts
    6
    my files are wma's and they still don't show up
    Some people never have anything but ideas. Go Do It!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-26-2009
    Posts
    6
    I guess no one knows how to make it work
    Some people never have anything but ideas. Go Do It!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-17-2009
    Posts
    342
    An alternative is to use a 3rd party alarm app. I use G Alarm and love it. You can use any sound file on your phone or your own mp3's. The only downside to this that I can think of is that I think it will not show up in your upcoming alarms on the today screen, perhaps someone else can confirm this.

    AGEye.de: Home of G-Alarm, G-Profile, G-Watch, G-Light, G-Invaders and Caver

  9. #9
    Registered User MarineDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-21-2007
    Location
    Maple Shade, NJ
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by jismail View Post
    I already tried that and it didnt work. Is it because they are wav files? the sample alarm2 and alarm5 are both wma. Could that be a restriciton?
    I have some of my ringers as wav files and they work fine. I have them in Windows/Rings directory. For custom system event wavs (such as my irritating failure proof tornado siren alarm sound,) I have those in the Windows directory itself.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-10-2006
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineDawg View Post
    I have some of my ringers as wav files and they work fine. I have them in Windows/Rings directory. For custom system event wavs (such as my irritating failure proof tornado siren alarm sound,) I have those in the Windows directory itself.
    I think the issue is that using them as call ringers works, but as clock alarms they do not.... Is there a fix in the registery for that?

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-24-2009
    Posts
    28
    Put them in the Windows folder,
    not any sub folders. Works for me.
    Brand new 760 with 6.1...standard clock and alarms.
    Touch on the bell icon to open the (real small drop down) menu.

    HTH
    John

  12. #12
    Registered User MarineDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-21-2007
    Location
    Maple Shade, NJ
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwaller View Post
    Put them in the Windows folder,
    not any sub folders. Works for me.
    Brand new 760 with 6.1...standard clock and alarms.
    Touch on the bell icon to open the (real small drop down) menu.

    HTH
    John
    That's what I said, jeez louise

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts