+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with MMS

Help with MMS

Hi im new to all this and not extremly technically knowledgable.
    I have the i760 and have the data block on it because I'm not going to use the internet and really who want to pay $40 extra a month??

So my question is this...How can I still send and recieve pic messages?

I have set up a #777 connection and am able to send pictures that way, but how is that billed?

And lastly will I be able to recieve Pic messages?

Thank you very much in advance!!

I'm pretty sure that if you are on wifi you can send and receive till your hearts content at no charge. If you use the #777 with no data plan that can get costly. The last time I heard it was .015 cents per kb. In other words, a 1MB MMS, which is not that big, would cost $15.... By the way, I have the personal unlimited data plan for $24.99 monthly. The unlimited business plan was I think $34.99 which I have no need for.

So if I am connected to WiFi i should be able to send and recieve MMS with no problem?

Also if I send the pic message over #777 to another verizon customer does it still get charged at that outrageous ammount? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doctaj08 View Post
    So if I am connected to WiFi i should be able to send and recieve MMS with no problem?
    I'm pretty sure yes. Can someone else confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by doctaj08 View Post
    Also if I send the pic message over #777 to another verizon customer does it still get charged at that outrageous ammount? thanks
    Yes, you will still get charged if you have no data plan, even if to another verizon customer.

Why would you get data charges for sending MMS. I sent them on my non-smartphone because I had a texting plan. Does it not work the same?

Ok, so it's true. Called verizon and verified it. That's just all kinds of stupid. Guess I'll be disabling that feature.

You cannot send an MMS via wifi. You can email the picture using wifi but MMS by definition means you are using the Verizon network.