+ Reply to Thread

Should I uninstall or hard reset at this point?

I've had my i760 for a little under a week. I've installed a bunch of programs into the phone's main memory and a micro-sdhc card. I want to move all the programs onto the storage card. Should I simply uninstall and reinstall or do a hard reset?

Same thing w/ me. I should have installed them all on the card to begin with. :-\

I personally only install apps to the phone if they are always running apps like 'SPB Mobile Shell' and QuickMenu. Everything else goes to the sd card. If you have installed them to the phone but now want them on the card I would say uninstall each app then reinstall it to the card. If the phone is not experiencing any performance issues or crashes then no point to hard reset.

I have always installed my programs to the phone, so that I can pop the card without disrupting things.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of installing on the card vs. phone?

David

I don't think there are advantages other than you get more space on the microsd card. There are some apps that run better on the phone as opposed to the card but none come to mind right now. Also as long as none of the files or apps on the card are being access, you can pop the card out and back in without disruption. Still I make it a habit of hitting the power button to put it in sleep mode when I pull the card out just to be safe.

I installed/uninstalled the major apps until I could get the phone the way I wanted. Once I finally got the phone the way I liked, I did a hard reset and only installed the apps I wanted, just to clean up any leftover files, etc. Games and programs I don't use often are installed on the card. Major apps like SPB Pocket Plus were installed on the card.

I also put the phone to sleep before removing the card....

Just be careful. I loaded a bunch of my programs onto the SD Card and I keep having the card vanish on me! If you do a search for disappearing SD cards you'll see I'm far from alone.

Just be prepared for this to happen if you load programs onto the card.

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!