+ Reply to Thread

Is it just me or is music not that loud via headphones?

When listening to music via headphones music just doesn't seem that loud. I'm using my old Ipod Nano as a comparison. I use mortplayer as my player but tcpmp and coreplayer all sound the same, not loud. Mortplayer has a 'swap slider for preamp/volume' option which gives me a little more punch but not that much before it distorts. Is it just me? What gives?

I don't have any issues with it. I use good ol' win media player and the verizon headphone adapter. Maybe the quality of the mp3's you're listening to?

Yeah, mine is very quiet with Windows Media Player, but TCPMP plays at an acceptable volume, much louder than WMP but not ear-splitting. I've done a lot of searching on this forum and can't find a system fix for it. Maybe someone else knows more?
    Downhills and tailwinds, 73

WMP has a volume setting within the program that automatically starts at about half volume. Have you tried maxing that out? Use the + - buttons on the bottom right to adjust volume.

Also, if music was taken from an older CD (see Drive Like Jehu pic)
    it might not be maximized for portable players. Newly remixed cd's today really maximize volume. (See Search and Destroy pic)

Devices such as ours are not dedicated music players so if the volume's not maxed on the MP3, then the volume may not be satisfying.

My explaination may seem highfalutin if the only problem is your volume slider isn't up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is it just me or is music not that loud via headphones?-drive-like-jehu.jpg   Is it just me or is music not that loud via headphones?-search-destroy.jpg  

Yeah my volume slider is all the way up and I am using the preamp in Mort to get the most volume I can without distorting. These same files on my Ipod Nano can be ear splitting loud with fantastic quality but I just don't use my Nano anymore. I think like you said, these devices are not dedicated music players so probably not much thought was put into this by Samsung or Verizon. It's a shame.

Another thought just crossed my mind; are you using bluetooth or wired headphones? If you are using wired, what adapter (2.5-3.5mm) are you using? Does it have 3 black bands on the plug?

Wired adapter, 3 black rings. Got it from radioshack.

Bumpity bump