+ Reply to Thread

Missed Calls - No Ring, No Number

I have noticed that I have missed calls and there is no number and the phone doesn't ring. The only way I know I had a call is that the caller leaves a voice message. This doesn't happen with all calls, it seems random.

When I called Verizon they claimed they were not familiar with this problem.

This may be an unrelated issue but I thought I would mention it as well. Sometimes in areas close to me I have started getting a message from the Alltell network saying that I need to dial an area code. (I am on Verizon and never got this message before)

This happens to me from time to time. So does getting a text, and the phone doesn't wake up to alert me (sound, light, or vibrate).

When I randomly wake the phone later, I will magically "receive" a text right at that moment.

I think the phone just stops checking in with the towers, because it's asleep, and so somebody's calling you, but the phone has no idea.

Later you open it up and it goes "oh hey you have a voice mail, by the way."

Verizon has absolutely heard of this, but they're just not telling you. If you ask them, the ONLY issue they have on record is one of a beeping the caller on the other end of your phone hears. They told me Samsung knew of that problem, looked into it, and decided they couldn't figure it out, and closed the issue.

Great phone, great companies. What a joke.

I think it has done this a lot more lately for me... are there any contributing factors that I can attempt to reverse?

Update your phone using *228 option 2.

Also check your cell signal. My wife has a dead spot in our apartment, we're not sure of the cause, but if she's on a specific section of the couch she gets 0 bars

The only way she's knows I've called is once she moves and gets my voicemail.

This is with her Chocolate.

Same Problems Here

I had the same problems with a new sch-i760 from Verizon with the texts. It then became a problem with the phone ringer too. I did a hard reset and got the ringer back for the texts only. I took the phone to Verizon twice, and they told me they didn't know how to fix it. They ordered me a new phone.

Once the new phone arrived, I had a ringer for A DAY! Now, the new phone will not ring for an incoming phone call. I have tried the hard reset and *228, to no avail. I am about to take THIS one back too.

If there is a solution, I don't know what it is, but it NEEDS to be fixed. It is too frustrating to lose all information over and over, but I have become a master at reseting my preferences! I even made a checklist of all preferences to change after every reset.

I would appreciate any answer to this problem.

I am feeling more and more like this is a verizon issue and not a phone issue. Ever since I started getting messages from the alltel towers saying I needed to dial an area code, I've had these other issues. I've talked to several other people in my area who have said the same thing about missed calls with no ring. I talked to a guy on alltel and he said he missed 6 calls a day.

Verizon sent me a refurbished phone and I am trying it, so I will know soon if it was actually a phone problem.

Just following up to my thread...

I received a new(refurbished) i760 from Verizon. I still have the same missing call problems. The answer is apparently not in the phone.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. Ask Verizon and this is a great phone. Some people on this forum vehemently defend it as such.

I think it has far too many problems. Samsung has accepted defeat on at least one issue (beeping on calls) that I know of, and Verizon is obviously not selling it anymore.

It's not a problem limited to a particular handset you might have, no. But I think it is a problem with the phone model in some way or another. It's possible Verizon changed something that makes the network not play nice with this particular phone.

Either way, the "best call coverage" in the world is useless if the tower doesn't bother to notify my phone that I'm receiving a call/text/whatever.

Not cool. Swap it 3 times and move on to another device. That's my plan.

Never tried it but I just saw this app - maybe it would help somebody?

MSentinel freeware for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    Never tried it but I just saw this app - maybe it would help somebody?

MSentinel freeware for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.
    In these cases I feel that the phone is not being notified from the tower that there is an incoming call, therefore you don't get a missed call notification.

That application serves (if I read right), to loop tones, lights, when you miss a call, SMS, MMS. However if the phone isn't even aware that you did miss anything (in my case until I wake it up), I doubt it would work.

Phone Alarm and such have similar functionality.