+ Reply to Thread

using IRC on SCH-i760

ok, so I want to download an IRC client so I can use IRC on my i760. It's required for my job.

I do have wifi available pretty much everywhere so I'm not going to be opening up a data plan. Since IRC is pretty much a consistent connection to the internet, do I need a data plan to use IRC or can I still use wifi? Curious if anybody has ever used IRC on their i760 and if so, which program?

thanks in advance

ok great.. would I need a data plan for that or could I just use wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm1058123 View Post
    ok great.. would I need a data plan for that or could I just use wifi?
    Internet is internet to the WinMo, though you still might want to disable data as the device will attempt to connect (and be successful) if wi-fi connectivity is lost.

I use wmIRC wmIRC.com - IRC client for Smartphones and Pocket PC 2003/WM5 on my Moto Q and have tried the Pocket PC version on the i760 and it works fine. Only thing is this client costs $20 and has no DCC capabilities, and does not support all common client-side IRC commands (e.g /IGNORE ).

Can't say on wi-fi since my phone doesnt have it, but it does work as an ICS node attached to a PC. Definitely gonna try it on a Saga or something via wi-fi if I ever decide to retire my Q.
    Last edited by dima; 04-02-2009 at 12:07 PM.
    My brain is so full of S (Entropy, that is), I don't know anything anymore.