+ Reply to Thread

recommended apps for SCH-i760

what are some of your favorite apps? themes as well. i think this phone right out of the box is real bland style looking wise, I want to make it look nice.

Also, thoughts on the iFonz? heard it's supposed to look like the iphone kind of, thats kind of interesting. Any of you have it? How does it run? Does it slow down the phone?

also, can I run apps without a memory card? I plan on getting one just not right away.

phoneAlarm Pro is my favorite program - lets you really customize the today screen with the tons of skins that are available.. Also, FtouchFlo is pretty nice - it allows you to do iPhone-like scrolling.

You can run apps without a memory card, but you'll run out of storage space really quickly.

i would also recommend Pbar i makes the x in the top corner actually end processes, and gives u a quick view of whats open and u can close it from there (puts a little carret in top rite corner near x

Quickmenu. It replaces the standard start menu and takes over the 'windows' hardware button for the start menu. It includes its own task manager and quick access to some additional functions like bluetooth and wifi on/off. It also takes over the 'ok' hardware button and does like pbar and actually closes apps instead of just keeping them running in the background. Also its free.

QuickMenu v2.8 freeware for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.

There several threads here that list people's favorite applications if you do a quick search. Some really usefull tips.

For specifically making the i760 look nicer and having iPhone-like functionality there are several options (a few good ones have been posted above)

PointUI is a popular choice on the free side.
    Pointui

You should find some interesting options here -
    today freeware downloads for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.
    and
    today screen freeware downloads for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.

*Also, do check out the XDA Developers forum they do great things.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

freewarepocketpc.net is an awesome site. That's the first i've seen one location that has everything.

I have been using the full trial of spbmobile shell from handango for about a week now, and as a launcher/today screen replacement I love it, it adds some quasi iphone functionality, it displays the time huge on the "now" screen(the replacement for the today screen. Slide your finger to the left and it slides you to the launcher when it has like 10 of your most used apps in addition to things like and internet launcher tools settings programs(which is also like the iphone apps launcher, and an organizer(contacts, calendar tasks, notes) I am going to buy it even though it is a bit pricey(30 usd) seeing as I am pretty sure that I cant use my phone without it now, since it provides so much tactile functionality. The other thing, ifonez, I tried it for a few days, and I hated it, just the bottom line that you pay for something that works, and when you get something for free and it doesnt work you cant complain about it.

edit: one more thing, is there a good (freeware) program out there that provides the touch scrolling (like the iphone) that somebody uses and likes, the one that comes with spb pocket plus(which is also 30 usd) is just sub par, it selects text instead of scrolling most of the time, and one tiny extra touch will send it racing to the top of the page, thus they aren't gonna get another 30 dollars from me.
    Last edited by laidbackpk; 04-06-2009 at 10:22 AM.

I installed FTouchFlo and FTouchLoConfig for scrolling and I love it. It takes some getting use to so force yourself to use it and not uninstall it for a few days and I promise you will love it. By the way I use it with SPB mobile shell and they get along fine.

FTouchFlo v1.4.1 - Finger Scrolling for Windows Mobile | Download Pocket PC Freeware and Windows Mobile 6.5 Software

I saw the ftouchflo program, but was wary to use it since it has the zones and gestures and all of these bells and whistles, and it disables the windows calibration. Also how much memory does it use up?

Quote Originally Posted by laidbackpk View Post
    I saw the ftouchflo program, but was wary to use it since it has the zones and gestures and all of these bells and whistles, and it disables the windows calibration. Also how much memory does it use up?
    You can turn off all that gesture stuff. I only use it for scrolling... It is currently using 792KB of my phone's memory.

Don't know if I can say they are recommended apps but here's what I currently have loaded:

Google Maps
    Google's YouTube app
    Facebook app
    Syntrax - electronic music composition software that i havent figured out yet
    Omniano - simple onscreen piano
    SightReader - helps you to learn sight reading notes
    Pocket UFO - Excellent clone of the early 90s game X-Com. best ppc game ive played.
    pocketxpdf

Using:

Ifonz
    S2U2 Just to get the call Id photo
    S2V for getting your photos added to contacts
    G-profile The best. set profiles based on time and other metrics
    Opera much better than IE
    EZinput turns the front keyboard into a T9 text input setup
    IContacts Contacts like the Iphone
    IDialer Dialing like the Iphone w/ iContacts integration
    Green Button Makes IDialer your default dialer for when you press the hardware call button.

All working well together. I really like the Ifonz interface and the G-profile is just awesome; would be even better if Verizon didn't encrypt their cell id tower info, limiting some of the function.

There is another thread that contains an extensive list of WM 6.1 Applications that work on our i760's.

WM 6.1 Working Third party apps Thread

RWC
    Member Vast Right Wing Conspiracy RWC's Avatar
    S2U2 - slide to unlock
    S2P - slide to play (the best music player)
    iFonz -
    Vexed -
    MyStopwatch - great app, use the countdown to track soccer time
    Opera browser - blows away IE
    Icontact - burt edition
    TCMP - media player

All free!