+ Reply to Thread

Text Message from PC

Hey all,

I am about a week into my i760 and it's my first advanced phone. I was wondering something: I know you can plug the phone into your pc to sync it up. I was wondering if there was any sort of app that would allow me to plug the phone into my pc and receive and respond to text messages on my computer screen. I think, since I spend a lot of time in front of a computer, that this would be a really fun and handy tool. Any news on it?

Thanks a bunch,
    Rob

I have never heard of such a thing. A Google search shows plenty of web based services that let you send text messages from PC to phone but I don't think you can receive messages or reply to existing messages with them. maybe someone else can give a better answer.

MobiClient - Free SMS Text Messaging from PC to Mobile Phone Software Online Service. Free download Sending SMS. -

I could be way off base as to your request, but I send my wife text msg's to her phone from my computer. It comes up with my email address though. Put the full phone number in the To field and add @vtext.com to the end. ie (###)###-####@vtext.com (don't include the paren's, just emphasizing the need for an area code). When she text msg's me back, it just comes up with her message and her phone # in the From field...

Yea, I am aware that you can text message via email. I want to be able to send AND receive texts from my pc. I basically want to turn my PC into my phones sms receiver and sender for the time when I'm sitting in front of it. Does this make sense?
    Rob

Got it, yeah I haven't seen any programs that'll do that. Not to say they aren't out there though! Keep your eyes peeled over at XDA, those guys are whipping up so many custom apps it's not even funny...

You could also use a program called MyMobiler which allows you to remote control your phone from your PC. From there you could just use the messaging built into the phone, but type from a computer keyboard.

Yea, I found that app. It is pretty cool indeed! It is a backup plan if I cannot find a working app that was designed for my purpose . I kinda want an AIM or YIM for SMS, heh.

If you have Microsoft Outlook 2007, you could try
    Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service

That seems to have a nice functionality. I use thunderbird as my email manager. EEK. I wonder if they make a similar plugin for tbird. I can imagine they don't, though, since it isn't a microsoft product and the need for the software is minimal