+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pim issue

pim issue

ok i've read that saving the pim.vol on in your my documents to your storage card will save your contacts. Ok so i saved the contacts then i did a master reset to the phone with the sdcard still in the phone. now when i go back to my storage card everything is in there including the pim.vol BUT when i go to copy then past back in the my documents folder it says

cannot copy pim access is denied
    be certain that there is enough free storage memory, that the destination is not write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

ok so i dont see how the file could be in use if it's just sitting on my memory card and the hard reset wiped off every thing in the phone so therefore i would assume it has enough memory. now if it's write protected how would i disable that? (if that is even the problem.)

An absolute must have is PIM Backup.

[NEW] PIM Backup v2.8 [NEW] - xda-developers

htanks but it didnt exactly do what i needed it to do. I'm needing something that will help me take the pim i already saved to my storage card. And allow me to replace my new pim with my old pim i saved on my storage card.

Yes.. the PIM.vol file is a system file and the built in file explorer won't let you copy it.. you need a third party file manger. The best freeware file manager out there is Total Commander IMO... there are lots of others. But this will allow you to change the file attributes and overwrite files.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

thanks MGuzzy. and i respect your screenname. as crazy as it sounds it's catchy

(edited) man that commander program was the ishhh. mofo hell yea yes yes yes yes yes . LOL thanks for saving me a headache

now if i can only get my pointui to stay on my device. for some reason tho even i have the home2 program actually saved on my device. it keeps going back to the regular screen at random times.
    Last edited by montrese04; 04-15-2009 at 02:40 AM.

I downloaded the program, but it won't open my phone as a directory in the Total Commander program. What am I doing wrong?

you have to rename the pim.vol file on your phone and then copy the one from your sim card to the phone