+ Reply to Thread

Is there a Shoutcast app?

I know I can use my web browser and I know that I can save the stations .pls file and open it with TCPMP but is there an actual shoutcast app available? I know there is one for the iphone..... I use C-ApiSRO to listen the talk and news stations on Sirius but the music sounds horrible at such a low bitrate, like it is coming through a tin can. Pandora sounds equally bad. RescoRadio sounds a little better but still pretty low quality. Some of the high bitrate shoutcast stations sound pretty good but its very cumbersome without an actual app. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Not that I've heard of - I checked at XDA and nothing really.

Sneak peek: the Main Chart of my forthcoming Multimedia Audio Streaming Bible! - xda-developers

I guess the next best thing would be to use GSPlayer or MortPlayer and then you can bookmark your favorite streams for easy access and just use a browser when you want to find something new.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Just thought I would answer my own question in case anyone searched for the same question. Pocket player has a Shoutcast search built into it and is a great player!! Not free though.

Conduits > Products > Pocket Player: MP3, AAC, M4A, WMA, Video and Podcast Player For Your Pocket PC or Smartphone!

SelectRadio SelectRadio® Mobile Internet and Satellite Radio Software
    Kinoma Kinoma - We Make Mobile Media Work - Video | Music | Podcasts | Radio | Webcams | Pictures
    WunderRadio WunderRadio

They all do Shoutcast as well as numerous other internet radio stations. WunderRadio also does AOL and Yahoo radio stations.
    But none of these players are free.

Actually I just checked out Kinoma and there is a free version called Kinoma Freeplay. It's missing some of the options of the pay version but I like it a lot!! I regret having just paid for Conduits PocketPlayer because this thing is actually more feature packed and the performance does not get slugish during playback like PocketPlayer does!!