+ Reply to Thread

Windows Mobile 6.5

just wondering how people are getting copies of windows 6.5 or titanium, whatever its called, i have seen that people have them on other websites. post a link of where to download if possible. thanks

Think they are just beta copies.

They are able to install them through custom roms. Basically custom updates or OS packages for their phone. I don't recall the i760 being cracked to allow this to be done yet.

6.1 made my i760 crashless (is that a word?) & much more stable. PIE & Picel still stink.

I'd love to be able to upgrade to 6.5 even though it won't be groundbreaking.

I can't wait till they make the processors in these PDA's good enough to run an OS that would be satisfying enough. I don't get it how iPhone does it.

One of the things that Apple does to provide its users with a smoother operating OS is it handcuffs them i.e. they don't allow any applications (for the most part - that I know of?) to run in the background.

Essentially, this means the iPhone is never (rarely?) running more than one application at a time.

It's a delicate balance atm between power and battery life. The iPhone limits many things in an attempt to boost battery life and eliminate multi-tasking.

I do hope M$ gets their act together like it seems they have done with Windows 7. My only regret with choosing the i760 over an HTC devise is the lack of hacks/roms etc. I doubt we'll see 6.5 on the i760.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I am currently working on a i760 wm6.5 kitchen i have successfully flashed it to my device but it bricked. i have already installed wm6.1 before flashing but i used the pass boot (right soft key, clr button, soft reset) to reinstall 6.1 using my custom rom in the C:/windows/temp folder. I based my rom on this WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition - PPCGeeks i will hopefully have it up by sunday night, but this is a busy weekend. ill post back tomorrow

Please keep us posted on what you come upon. I really want to get 6.1 off of my SCH-i760 as it's a horrible version of WM in my opinion. It crashes all the time and needs to be reset at least twice a day, even after hard resets.

(One of the most annoying 'crashes' is the phone gets super laggy and my background either changes to solid red, blue, or white (Patriotic phone, whoo) and everything takes 1-2 minutes to do until I reset)

Let us know.