Good Day....

Thanks to Asurion insurance I have received a "free" upgrade from my i730 to an i760 phone. Since the i730 would not support MMS texting I only had the standard SMS enabled on my account. Well now I have enable MMS on my Verizon account and tried to send a picture for testing. Being new to this I just figured it would send the same way as a standard txt message. It was 18 minutes after I sent the picture I noticed the EV icon on the phone was blue instead of the normal white so I clicked it only to find out I had made a broadband connection which had been open the whole time. The connection starts up automatically when initiating a MMS send however it doesn't close automatically.....is that normal? Is there a way to set it so it does close the connection after the MMS is sent? The phone I was sending to is an older LG VX something or another that supports MMS. He does not have to close any connection once he sends a picture; he just adds the picture and clicks "send". Is this a difference between a standard MMS capable phone and a PDA / Smart Phone?

I called Verizon tech support and they were really not much of a help other than telling me that as long as I have a MMS texting plan I should not be charged for any data that is related to sending a picture / video.

Any input and help with those questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....