+ Reply to Thread

Problems with my i760

I originally got my i760 in July 08 and it was working fine until Dec 08. So then I finally got around to getting a replacement at the end of Jan. Now the problem that I have is happening again with my replacement i760. Basically the problem that I have now and before was that every time I make a call the phone would switch to the 1x from Evdo. Then when I hang up, the phone would have no signal for up to a minute because it would want to try to connect to Evdo. This would be a pain because this would cause me to miss calls and would force me to wait before I can make another call when I end a call. Along with this problem my screen would not automatically turn off anymore, so my battery now drains faster.

Is there a possible solution? I've heard that there is a problem with the I760 regarding EVDO, is this it? I was thinking about getting another replacement, but I fear this would happen again. At the same time there is no other replacement phone that I would consider and all the other newer phones force me to have a DATA package At the same time my warranty ends in July, so I am not sure what I would want to do.

Have you tried upgrading the ROM?

Quote Originally Posted by MarineDawg View Post
    Have you tried upgrading the ROM?
    Are you running WM6.1?

WM 6.1 for i760 Officially Released--FAQs & General Info
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Yes, I am running WM 6.1. Is 6.1 the issue?

Does anyone else know how to solve this?

I have the same problem. Does anyone know of a fix? Hard resetting the phone doesn't help. *22899 seemed to help in that I would randomly would not be able to make phone calls throughout the day and now it only happens after I hang up on a phone call. My cousin has an i760 and has the same problem as well...