+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delayed Ringing

Delayed Ringing

I keep missing calls because I get about 1-2 seconds of a ringtone (it does it with stock or added ringtones) then it goes to voicemail. The caller hears about 5 rings, I hear part of one. It does seem like it is happening when it sits for a while. The only thing I have added is phone alarm which I like. I played with some power settings in there but not sure which ones to change. It did this before I added that though. Any suggestions? Could this be a phone issue. A different setting I need to adjust?

Quote Originally Posted by fastcar01 View Post
    I keep missing calls because I get about 1-2 seconds of a ringtone (it does it with stock or added ringtones) then it goes to voicemail. The caller hears about 5 rings, I hear part of one. It does seem like it is happening when it sits for a while. The only thing I have added is phone alarm which I like. I played with some power settings in there but not sure which ones to change. It did this before I added that though. Any suggestions? Could this be a phone issue. A different setting I need to adjust?
    You should try reducing the Slot Cycle Index setting. I run mine at 0 with no problems. See this post: PST Menu and Slot Cycle Index changes

Quote Originally Posted by boostaddict View Post
    You should try reducing the Slot Cycle Index setting. I run mine at 0 with no problems. See this post: PST Menu and Slot Cycle Index changes
    Thanks for the tip!

I tried the slot cycle change but it made no difference. I wonder if the posters in that thread were using win mobile 6.0. I have an i760 with win mobile 6.1 I did move my mp3 and wav ringtones from my storage card to the phones main memory and it that fixed the delayed ring but now my ringtones are very low in volume. They were also low before I moved them to the main memory. The volume of the ringtones was fine though before I did the slot cycle change. I tried 1 and 0 on the slot cycle change and then put it back to 2.