+ Reply to Thread

Asurion replacement for I760

My I760 is acting funny. I think I've dropped it to many times. If I make a claim with Asurion what will I get? Do the still have I760s?
    Lenny

Pretty Good Member
    I think they still have i760s. If the screen isn't broken, maybe Verizon will give you a warranty replacement, depending on what kind of insurance you have with them. Save yourself $50 maybe.

I got a refurb about 3 weeks ago, it seems to be slower than my previous ones with tweaks.....but as long as supplies last which will probably be for a while longer.

Just as a guess if you can hold out for about 3 months I think they will no longer offer as an option to replace it.

Well it finally bit the dust. Gravity wins again. After dropping it again last week it's time to go back. All week it has kept doing weird stuff like hanging up on calls, the screen going black and it making a loud static like noise and then locking up for no reason requiring a soft reboot.

Anyway I called Asurion Friday night at 7:00 and they are sending another I760!!!!
    i just checked and it is at UPS distribution center in Pinellas Park and will be delivered Monday!!!

Now if it will just last till the Omnia B7610 is released I'll be good to go.

Er ... this may be a stupid question - but why do you keep dropping it?

-Max
    General Aviation is not the stepchild of modern aviation, it is it's father.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Peck View Post
    Er ... this may be a stupid question - but why do you keep dropping it?

-Max
    Gravity

since I've had it
    knocked it off the desk
    hit it against the wall broke the holder and it hit the concrete
    most of the time it slips out when I take it out of the holder.
    last week put it in the holder and it my shirt tail got caught and it fell out
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc

just got a replacement i760 from Asurion. It was a refurb but it looked and felt totally new, I wouldnt have known the difference except for the packaging.
    Works great, no probs.

lol @ gravity

yeah the thing I love about the i760 (besides the outer keypad) is that its built like a goddam tank! No case needed, it can withstand tons of abuse before giving up the ghost. Drops and hits that would have totaled an iPhone didnt even faze it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiint View Post
    lol @ gravity ...
    Ya know... Newton had an Apple..

F=mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I got my replacement phone today, new battery, and charger. The phone is probably a refurb but who cares, it's an I760!!!!

Lenny

Granted its only a week later but I also am getting an I760 replacement. I had read about some others getting a touchpro but I suspect maybe it was just a brief shortage on the replacement I760's. -T

Got it , and its definatly new. Unless part of refurb is repainting that rubber coating at the top and bottom of phone. That seems to be the easiest way to tell. Pre loaded with 6.1.