+ Reply to Thread

Quick access to turn on/off phone/wifi/bt

I currently use SPB Mobile Shell 2 (tried 3 hated it). Is there an addon I can install that will allow me to click the signal icon (top right icon) and get a popup to turn on or off the phone, wifi, and bluetooth radios. I was able to get it by installing the themes in post # 2 of this thread

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/forums/samsung-sch-i760/127113-spb-mobile-shell-skin-theme.html

However I wasn't crazy about any of those themes and that whole theme pack was giving startup errors and other headaches, plus I really like the theme I have now which is the PointUI Blue theme by robodad shown here

http://www.bitlover.com/uploads/817d13750c.jpg

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I currently use SPB Mobile Shell 2 (tried 3 hated it). Is there an addon I can install that will allow me to click the signal icon (top right icon) and get a popup to turn on or off the phone, wifi, and bluetooth radios. I was able to get it by installing the themes in post # 2 of this thread
    That functionality should be built-in to the stock Verizon i760.

Just click on the signal icon, then click "Wireless Manager."

Alternatively, create a shortcut to the executable at \Windows\wrlsmgr.

Right but I am using SPB Mobile shell so I don't see the stock signal icon, I see the Mobile Shell signal icon which doesn't do anything when you click on it. What I am trying to do is have that Mobile Shell signal icon launch the wireless manager, if possible?

I'd love a quicker way to toggle wifi and bluetooth. One of the things I really liked on the 6800 was the hardware Wifi button.

Currently I have it under one of my SPB Pocket Plus tabs which is good, but it still requires 3 clicks. If it could be added to the Right Soft button Menu or even replacing that it would be good.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Is there a way to map wrlsmgr to a hardware button like perhaps a short single click of the camera button?

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    Is there a way to map wrlsmgr to a hardware button like perhaps a short single click of the camera button?
    This please. I never use the right soft button menu for the most part, but I'm constantly toggling Wifi and Bluetooth on/off all day. If someone knows how to map the RSB to something like wrlsmgr or at least add a menu item to it I would be very appreciative.

Perhaps AE Button Plus can do it?

AE Button Plus

Someone else want to try it and report back. I have reached my hard Reset limit for the month!!

AE button plus works really well for this, but if you only use the trial version the program pops up sporadically. My settings are hit the center of D-pad twice for bluetooth and three times for wi-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by rparik01 View Post
    AE button plus works really well for this, but if you only use the trial version the program pops up sporadically. My settings are hit the center of D-pad twice for bluetooth and three times for wi-fi.
    I installed AEButton Plus but I can't figure out how to use it? How did you get those D-Pad settings?

Nevermind, figured it out. This is good enough for me. Thanks all

Nevermind, I didn't realize that once you assign an action to AEBPlus, thats the only action it will perform.

no you can set it to use one click as the normal function and two clicks for something else. or you can set it to not be assigned to anything.

Right you are. I didn't realize you had to set single click action to the same action it would do as default. I set the D-pad button single press to Enter, then set double press to wifi on/off, triple press to BT on/off. Then I set red phone button single press to hang-up, double press to turn on/off the phone radio. I can definately live with this. Thanks everyone for the assistance.

I already have SPB Pocket Plus doing my custom button assignments. Is there no way to add such an item to the Right Soft Button menu?

I mean how often am I changing my Today settings and there it sits every day when I'd love to replace it with Wireless Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    I'd love a quicker way to toggle wifi and bluetooth. One of the things I really liked on the 6800 was the hardware Wifi button.

Currently I have it under one of my SPB Pocket Plus tabs which is good, but it still requires 3 clicks. If it could be added to the Right Soft button Menu or even replacing that it would be good.
    Hi Lucas,
    how exactly did you map the bluetooth / wifi toggle to SPB pocket plus?