+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Our phones are almost 2 years old any original purchaser still here

I'm having problems with my I760 and have been thinking about getting it replaced from asurion. This is my third I760 and all the problems have been from external factors, mainily gravity.

It started me thinking and a little less than 2 years ago this forum was created was going crazy with posters about the upcoming phone. There were more I760 posts than I730 in the I730 forum. Mrailing used to yell at us to keep the I760 posts in one thread.

How many of us are left?

There's not much life left in our phone and soon we won't be able to get replacements. What phone are we going to next?

It's hard to think of myself as an old timer with just under 2 years on this phone and 2 years with the I730.

Lenny

I've only had my I760 for a few months and it has plenty of life left in it and there seems to be plenty of life in this forum as well. I can see these phones still being popular for a few more years at least.

original purchaser. phone is little more than a year and is starting to show its age. im trying to figure out a way to get a new(er) model i760

I'm over a year in with the i760 (came from the i730 I crushed) and I still like it. I wish it were more stable and a bit faster, but it's consistently run as well as a WM phone could and I've had no physical problems. After my crushing I bought the insurance and my i760 doesn't have the smallest scratch. I've even dumped the case and screen protector for a while now without incident. I still really like it - serves me well.

*if I hadn't crushed my i730 I'd likely still be using it - I miss the portrait KB.
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 05-11-2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I've had mine since November of 2007. I still like it, but I'm itching for my NE2 to be up.

I got my i760 the 1st day they were available (upgraded from i730) and still love it.

I still don't see a replacement that I'm eager for when my Verizon NE2 is available next month.

Maybe a HTC Touch Pro 2 when they're out.
    HTC Touch Pro 2, Samsung i760, i730, Kyocera 7135, 6035

911 rememberance link below

http://inlibertyandfreedom.com/flash/heroes.swf

DEDICATED TO ALL AMERICANS

"WE WILL NEVER FORGET"

Is the the fabled 50% $50 NE2 replacement? Unless I'm mistaken they halved their NE2 credit making it less appealing to stick with VZW just for this reason.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Going on 2 years here. Got my phone in July of 2007 and it's still kicking. Never been replaced or had to get repairs done. Pristine working condition but it's showing its age.

Would like to find a phone with bigger screen...more internal memory...

Still have got my original one from late '07. Keep tweaking it and it is all I need. Will wait for something to wow me, unless a terrible accident occurs like what happened to my i730.

Got mine Jan '08, no issues. Never felt the need to upgrade to 6.1 so I'm still running the original software. I usually restart a couple times a week to free up mem but other than that, works great. Sit here at my desk and listen to Sirius on it 8-10hrs a day....

I haven't been impressed with any of Verizon's new ppc's so I'll stick with ol' reliable.

Was waiting to see if Verizon is getting the iphone before getting a new phone. Got the i760 opening week. Leaning towards getting an iTouch (with Skype app) and Verizon Mifi....

I just finished a call to assurion, got some water damage which it survived just fine for about 2.5 weeks. Just over the weekened, it started to lock up randomly and will not restart properly. They were out of the i760 and my only option was to get the VX6800. Kinda bummed about it but they're sending it overnight and with a free car charger. So I missed the 2 yr contract mark by 3 months. and the new every two is now only $50.

Quote Originally Posted by aiiaznsk8er View Post
    I just finished a call to assurion, got some water damage which it survived just fine for about 2.5 weeks. Just over the weekened, it started to lock up randomly and will not restart properly. They were out of the i760 and my only option was to get the VX6800. Kinda bummed about it but they're sending it overnight and with a free car charger. So I missed the 2 yr contract mark by 3 months. and the new every two is now only $50.
    The VX6800 has been out for quite a while...they going to give you a new phone in 3 months?

Pretty Good Member
    Got my 760 on the 1st day for $50 and Verizon had to pay me $50 recently to upgrade to the TP. Nice new features, but the ergonomics are not as good as my old Sammy with AEB+. I'll definitely upgrade to the TP2 or Diamond2 for one of the larger WVGA screens.

Had mine since March 2007 from 730 which was from 700. Don't know what the next move will be.

I've been here since we eagerly anticipated it, though not around much anymore. It's still working well enough, and probably as well as it's going to. I haven't seen anything sufficiently ground breaking to make me go looking for a new phone yet.

Assurion replaced mine about a year ago after my wife yelled/screamed at me and blew the earpiece speaker. Lesson, if you’re going to lie, don’t let them trip you up and make sure you work out all the possible angles prior to the lie. Or I guess, don’t lie in the first place.

I’m wrapping up my second year. I used to really enjoy tinkering with my phone, adding software, tuning it…etc. Now I keep it pretty clean, almost stock, but with a few small tweaks. I like to hard-reset more often now to keep it clean and performing well. Not a lot of SW on it.

I keep looking at Verizon’s store and keep tabs with all the other phones and providers out there, but still can’t seem to find one that fits my needs as a hardcore mobile work horse and toy. I wish I could build my own like my HTPC to spec.

Anyone want to start a DIY site to create your own Frankenstein super phone built from all the best parts out there? I’d love build something provider independent and not controlled by the FCC.

I got mine in November, shortly after they came out, and I still have my original phone. Yeah... I have the problems with "terminal sleep mode", the Bluetooth issues, etc., but I haven't found a suitable replacement, yet.

Pretty Good Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bicoastalmogul View Post
    Assurion replaced mine about a year ago after my wife yelled/screamed at me and blew the earpiece speaker. Lesson, if you’re going to lie, don’t let them trip you up and make sure you work out all the possible angles prior to the lie. Or I guess, don’t lie in the first place.
    Don't lie to Assurion ... or your wife???

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Been with i760 since week two of debut. It was love at first sight. The arrangement was it would take care of me and I would take care of it. Of course there were times where we didn't get along but my hot little i760 always found a way to bring me back to her. Our love for each other was strong but I always had an unanswered question that troubled me, Was Love Enough?

Update: Nope it was not enough with the Omnia on the market. I dumped the i760 like a one legged hooker on a blind date.